Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Odor bomb did not help. Went to A/c guys. Looked into it. Said that they are sure it's not coolant or a/c. Still, when temperature is around 0, smell is even worse. I have zero ide

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That's one smell of a problem your having. You sure something didn't actually die in the vent system?
Smell would probably be stronger when heater is hot. And if something died there, I wouldn't need to turn on blower for the smell to reach me.
Zero ideas at the moment. Will try to continue on the search

·
Registered
1999 CRV Lx
732 Posts
Try looking at the surrounding area, like behind air bag unit.

Try slipping a long rod with a rag or cotton ball attached to the end into ac duct. Wear gloves if you know its a chemical and can't figure out which one. Remember safety 1st.

Perhaps something inside the glove box busted open and that's what is left behind.
Gl

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Try looking at the surrounding area, like behind air bag unit.

Try slipping a long rod with a rag or cotton ball attached to the end into ac duct. Wear gloves if you know its a chemical and can't figure out which one. Remember safety 1st.

Perhaps something inside the glove box busted open and that's what is left behind.
Gl
Tried everything. Even used endo camera to look into the vents. Nothing. I'm starting to think that there may be a micro crack in the heater. Even tho it doesn't make sense.
Would use the cooling system sealant, but my radiator is new, so pouring this stuff seems not the best idea :/

·
Registered
557 Posts
Tried everything. Even used endo camera to look into the vents. Nothing. I'm starting to think that there may be a micro crack in the heater. Even tho it doesn't make sense.
Would use the cooling system sealant, but my radiator is new, so pouring this stuff seems not the best idea :/
Pouring in any kinda of is asking for trouble. It's better to find the leak or crack sealant will get into the engine and that's where bigger problem will happen.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Pouring in any kinda of is asking for trouble. It's better to find the leak or crack sealant will get into the engine and that's where bigger problem will happen.
Will try to troubleshoot blower. It sometimes lets a small rattling noise, so maybe it's something worn there, hence the smell. If it's not, i'll have zero ideas, just to take the whole dashboard and hope there's a leak :D

21 - 28 of 28 Posts