Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i don't even know how to describe this...

last night, at 11:30p, my wife comes into the bedroom and wakes me up and says there is a strange sound in the garage. startled, i come to the garage and i hear this weird humming sound. it takes me a while to locate it, but eventually, i can roughly pinpoint it to the rear of her 2018 CR-V EXL AWD, underbelly, near the axle and probably near the center as the sound appears equal in volume from both sides of the car.

the car itself had be not driven for 5+ hours. i went inside the house to get the car key and also my phone to record the sound, and right when i got back to the garage, the sound stopped.

yet, it was audible for at least 10-15 minutes, and who knows how much longer it had been occurring prior to my wife noticing.

can anyone offer an explanation for this? should i be worried or concerned?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Its normal! There is a thread here, search for it.

Also one tip: search for the problem before posting, if there is already a thread, you can get your answer fast

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its normal! There is a thread here, search for it.

Also one tip: search for the problem before posting, if there is already a thread, you can get your answer fast

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
i apologize. i did search, but maybe i didn't type the right keywords, but in my 5-10 minute effort, i didn't turn anything up. i'll keep plugging to see if i can find the thread you are talking about. i only found bearing noise problems when people drive the car. not when the car is standing still.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Even my new motorcycle does this. It really makes some strange sounds as it goes through its checks. We started this stuff as part of OBD II requirements back in the mid 1990's. Old news.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts