Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would think drilling a hole at the lowest point on the muff(s) would work, regardless of model.

·
Registered
533 Posts
While I am tempted to try what you did, I'm living in the Midwest while you're in Texas. So I think I'll pass. I'll save that water for emergencies.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could you translate that?:confused2:

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which part?...........geographical locations or saving water?:badum:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Could you translate that?:confused2:

Haha. I live in the Midwest, specifically in WI where salt is used heavily in the winter. Rust is a big problem here so drilling a hole in the muffler might not be a good idea for me. Just joking about saving the water (in the muffler).

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's probably other makes of vehicles in WI that have both factory stainless muffs/exhaust and weep holes already there......maybe not. I was somewhat surprised to see a gallon drain out of both sides (my post a year ago). It's been made quite clear that it's not everybody's cup of tea......but works for me.:Naughty:

Todays post was simply having a little fun with the nay sayers from a year ago.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I just heard a drill.......turnin' to the right.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My cars prefer to spit versus dribble. :)
My 94 Del Sol spit quite well for 24 years and about 194,000 miles before the muffler (actually the pipe on the front of the muffler) rusted out. Jokingly told the dealer I thought it should be warranty! I don't see a lot of need to drill holes in mufflers that are probably going to outlive me. :geezer:

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Loose a few pounds and you may live a little longer.:beb:

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just noticed the neighbors Lincoln MKC suv has 2 holes in the muff (each end)......he doesn’t own a drill.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts