Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have these installed in their car, was it straight forward or was there trimming and modifications necessary?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Westin bull bar just arrived a few minutes ago, waiting now for the mounting bracket. Had one on the old V but came that way, though looked fairly straightforward of a mount. I'm trying to get it on by tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes and take some pictures along the way.

·
Premium Member
6,170 Posts
When I did mine the Mannic Bull bar, some Cosmetics of the lower splash will need be cutting for the Bracket, of what I recall. I measured twice, and then carefully made a decision to not cut away and discard the splash but folded it in a way that if I ever removed it, some glue and tape mended the piece back perfect.

Straight forward, hardest part was the carriage bolts for me

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yo! Sorry for the delay, I installed the bull bar and immediately went off trying to find some cow pastures. Anyways, my bad in that I didn't see you were in a Gen2, I installed in Gen 1 so I can't say for sure how it will go for you, though I didn't require any cutting, just a little finagling but it was really pretty straightforward. Hardest part was lining up the actual bar to put in to the mounting brackets (as noted above). Helps to have a friend hold it, or someone with tiny fingers if that's not your area or open your hood and suspend it from the hood latch so you don't have to hold it up while trying to line up the 1/2 inch bolts. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts