Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

I've searched through the FAQ and threads and can't see anything specific to this so last resort is ask a question. I noticed yesterday when cleaning the car that the passenger side footwell is wet. Took off some trim and lifted the edge of the carpet and it appears to be coming from below or the sides (rather than say through a door seal or window) as the carpet, rather than the mat was pretty soaked down to the metal.

There's quite a lot online about older CR-V and Civic models having an issue with water getting in under a bad cowl at the bottom of the windscreen, filling up the run off tray and then finding its way into the heater vent under the bonnet. Is there something similar with a newer (2011) CR-V? Its a right hand drive UK model in case that makes a significant difference.

I have noticed that water appears to run down the windscreen wiper arm hole which doesn't seem the right way to me, so I'm wondering if it could be going down there and finding its way into the compartment.

Is it a known issue with another area of the vehicle?

Thanks...

·
Not-a-Mechanic
341 Posts
No experience with this, but you may want to remove the glove box and cabin air filter and have a look. Another possible on cars in general, sunroof drains get clogged.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts