Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2010 CR-V EX-L AT. The undercoating in the wheel wells is like fresh tar. When I clean the wheel wells my sponge gets covered in tar and it it become worthless. Our friends bought one 4 months prior to us and they do not have this problem. Will it ever dry or do I have a life long problem here?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Either this is an undercoating your dealer added or you drove on freshly coated pavement and it splashed into the wheel wells.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Undercoating

It is not anything from the road. It is an undercoating on the car, but why doesn't it dry?

·
Registered
148 Posts
It is not anything from the road. It is an undercoating on the car, but why doesn't it dry?
Only the people that sprayed it on would know for sure how long it will take to dry. The CRV wheel well is mostly plastic so the undercoating is probably for road noise. I would wipe the outer wheel well edge with a disposable rag to remove excess tar so you can wash in peace.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have a new 2010 CR-V EX-L AT. The undercoating in the wheel wells is like fresh tar. When I clean the wheel wells my sponge gets covered in tar and it it become worthless. Our friends bought one 4 months prior to us and they do not have this problem. Will it ever dry or do I have a life long problem here?
If its not dry now, its never going to be. Something is wrong with the mix they sprayed on at the factory, IF it really is undercoating.

Take it to the dealer and show them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It should become semi-dry in a week or two. Its not suppose to completely dry. It will turn into like a rubberized material, so when the stone hit it, it kind of blend the crack and covers it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts