Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Bought a 2018 last month knowing this condition/issue exists and I don't really plan to change anything.

I do plan to check the oil more often than I would feel is normal until I am confident there's no issue.

Might even run S drive mode to warm up faster, if I find that to be an issue, which is related to the dilution issue. (Heck, I run D3 in my Accord and also did the same in my Pilot and Ody to warm faster as well...same difference.)

Running premium fuel will not change anything, so that wont happen. That's just someones perception that it worked for them.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right now I'm using full synthetic 0w-20 to get me through the winter but come spring, I will replace it with a cheaper non-synthetic oil so I can go on a more frequent oil change intervals and save some money.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish oil and gas don't mix together. Instead gas would float on top of the oil like oil and water. This way, I can simply drop a match down the dipstick tube and burn off all the gasoline in the oil. Problem solved! LOL.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Absolutely nothing. I don't have the problem.

I'm prepared for all the weird comments I have over a thought on the oil dilution. That ECO button impacts the throttle operationally -- could it also be a contributor to the oil dilution problem?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Absolutely nothing! I don't have the problem after six months of ownership. My son bought his CR-V a month after we bought ours. He has no problem, plus, he owns a 2017 Civic Hatchback with the same engine. No problem there either

By the way, I use ECO mode all the time, and my son dosen't use it on either of his Hondas. Like I say, neither of us have the problem.

I have enough faith in Honda, that in due time, there will be a fix for those who have the problem.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Absolutely nothing! I don't have the problem after six months of ownership. My son bought his CR-V a month after we bought ours. He has no problem, plus, he owns a 2017 Civic Hatchback with the same engine. No problem there either

By the way, I use ECO mode all the time, and my son dosen't use it on either of his Hondas. Like I say, neither of us have the problem.

I have enough faith in Honda, that in due time, there will be a fix for those who have the problem.
We're all happy that you and your son don't have any of the issues others have to deal with but where does this blind faith in Honda come from? They ignored, hid, lied and denied for over a year. Eventually there will be a fix but don't think for a second it's because they wanted to. I don't think most of the people that aren't affected grasp the seriousness of the issues for those who are yet they're the first ones to comment that theirs is fine and the vehicle of everyone they know who's ever driven a Honda is also fine. For the record, my oil smells like gas but has yet to increase the levels on the dipstick. I don't know about the heat yet because I haven't needed it ( just bought it in May). The real issue is, even if they issue a fix tomorrow and you were able to get it into the dealer in the next couple of days, how much damage has already been done and would a 125K mile warranty be long enough to realize the full extent of the damage? I think not but what do I know? Maybe this is a question best answered by all of those who's vehicles don't display any of the signs.

·
Registered
183 Posts

We're all happy that you and your son don't have any of the issues others have to deal with but where does this blind faith in Honda come from? They ignored, hid, lied and denied for over a year. Eventually there will be a fix but don't think for a second it's because they wanted to. I don't think most of the people that aren't affected grasp the seriousness of the issues for those who are yet they're the first ones to comment that theirs is fine and the vehicle of everyone they know who's ever driven a Honda is also fine. For the record, my oil smells like gas but has yet to increase the levels on the dipstick. I don't know about the heat yet because I haven't needed it ( just bought it in May). The real issue is, even if they issue a fix tomorrow and you were able to get it into the dealer in the next couple of days, how much damage has already been done and would a 125K mile warranty be long enough to realize the full extent of the damage? I think not but what do I know? Maybe this is a question best answered by all of those who's vehicles don't display any of the signs.

·
Registered
276 Posts
You know one can eat steak, french fries, sodas and ice cream and the short term reports on you health will look good. And you may think all is well too.

Its the long term cost and damage the show the true story- over time. And then not much can be done. Its too late.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.