Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not used this maintainence minder thing with the newer hondas. I've always done oil every 5k, all fluids( coolant and trans) every 30k. And feul and air filter every 20k. My last car went 150k with no issues whatsoever. But if I follow this regiment with the crv, is it overkill? what do you guys think?

·
Everything in Moderation
7,625 Posts
I vote for overkill.

As they say YMMV, but the Honda specified intervals (per the MM) will provide many years and miles of trouble free driving.

Trans service longevity (especially with the CVT) still needs to be proven, but for the most part Honda's recommendations are accurate.

JMHO

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Add Brake, Power Steering, and Rear Diff fluids...

I'm not used this maintainence minder thing with the newer hondas. I've always done oil every 5k, all fluids( coolant and trans) every 30k. And feul and air filter every 20k. My last car went 150k with no issues whatsoever. But if I follow this regiment with the crv, is it overkill? what do you guys think?
I have an '07 with 85k and a '10 with 25k and have settled on the following regime:

Engine Oil and filter when MM gets to 15% or soon after, but certainly before 0%, never longer than 1 year.
Tire rotation every 5K so I can merely look at the odometer and know when it is needed. (I do wait for a time when other service is needed.)
Transmission 1x drain/refill every 30k miles.
Owner's Manual requires Brake Fluid exchange every 3 years, period.
Coolant, Power Steering, Brake Fluid every 3 years. (My dealer gives big discount for doing more than two together)
.....It is convenient for me to do these at the same time as an Oil/filter and rotation service getting discount on all.
I had the valves adjusted at 50k on the '07. Although none were out of spec. it runs WAY better, enough so it was worth doing.
I do not have a Rear Diff but if I did I would change it every 30k miles

·
Registered
28 Posts
OP, it doesnt make sense. Have you heard of the saying "mother know best" ? Honda makes your car. You know or Honda know?

I also always use Honda original fluid, except for engine oil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts