Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to prepare for some aux lights on the front of my V. I want to know what lights you have. Do you like them, what dont you like about them? Where did you get them?

Also, some pictures of your lights on the V. And I am looking for my 1st gen, but any lights will be good.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Mine are Piaa's. This is the only pic I could find at this time. I'll take a better pic and post later.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I have OEM ones on mine with Piaa 3000K bulbs. I love them. I got them off of ebay. The only thing I don't like is I can't run them with just my parking lights. Sorry I have no pics as I am posting this from my phone.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lights

rwh63, How are your brackets secured through the grill? That is very close to the idea I had to mount my lights.

Thanks,
Jacob

·
Registered
18 Posts
jwood

the painted metal pieces (3) up front came from home depot. i found them in the deck hardware section. they are heavy duty galvanized steel. the silver metal pieces are 1 3/4 wide aluminum. hd only had a 1 1/2 wide piece, so i found a wider bar at a local hardware store. easy to cut with a hacksaw.
i removed the front plastic grille assembly, and attached the aluminum to the backside of the painted steel crossmember above the radiator. had to drill my own holes there. i bent the aluminum in a vise.

·
Registered
101 Posts
got these from walmart for $20. fun part was getting my fat fingers in the sides of them to put the mount screws in. then i took my dremel and cut out one of the switch caps to mount the switch to.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found a set at advanced auto and I will post some pics up when I get back home. They are 55w bulbs, so they are street legal and make a huge difference over my crappy headlights.

thanks for all the input to everyone.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I needed a set of 55w lights so that I could see at night. I will end up getting some more lights and mount them on the roof (somehow) for when I am off road. But for now, what I have work very well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts