Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What bulb in upper tail light of 2015 CRV Touring? Answer:168

I am upgrading the lights on my 2015 CR-V Touring to LEDs and want to replace the "upper tail light bulbs" to LED. Most websites say that it's a CP3 or 194/168 bulb. As far as I can tell by looking at it, it's not those types. I've taken some photos of them.

Can anyone identify what type it is? There are two pins that stick out of the connector/assembly and the electrical socket is also different. Thanks for any help.

IMG_6410.jpg IMG_6411.jpg

Added later: ANSWER? 168

·
Registered
76 Posts
Don't the bulbs plug into those sockets you show in the pics? You should see a familiar bulb after you remove the socket.

The Sylvania website offers a handy bulb reference guide, by vehicle. I use it to look up/confirm bulbs on all of my vehicles. It's a good place to start as many owner's manuals often do not indicate common part/trade numbers of bulbs. 2015 CRV bulb chart - http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applications/automotive-lighting-systems/Pages/lrgallbulbs.aspx?year=2015&qual=&model=610&make=37

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I untwisted the housing and found a 168 bulb which I replaced with an led. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I popped in a very cheap (dim) LED bulb that had 5 smd LEDs. I also underexposed the picture to show it a bit clearer. The upper left light is the original incandescent 168 bulb. The upper right is the cheap LED. The 2 brake lights are LEDs. The license plate lights are LEDs

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I upgraded the Upper rear 168 LEDs to a higher powered version from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OH0S5Y2

Here's a daylight picture of the new LED bulb on the left with the weaker LED on the right. As you can see, it's significantly brighter.

IMG_6576.jpg

Here's a night time shot with both upper LEDs replaced. They now match more closely the intensity of the rear brake lights which I've also updated to LEDs
IMG_6587.jpg

Here's a closeup of the 7440 brake LED with the new upper 168 LED.
IMG_6588.jpg

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts