Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I try to look online for the colors I typically do not see Obsidian Blue always offered, only Aegean Blue. Personally the Aegean Blue is pretty awful, my wife's car is a 2012 with a dark blue and the Obsidian appears to be the closest to that color. Potentially looking at a 2021 or 2022 CRV AWD, EX-L or Touring.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
7,558 Posts
Have you looked here:

?

Reactions: SnakeCharmer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link, it shows the Obsidian Blue Pearl but when I look on their site for build/inventory it is not listed there. Personally I think that the other Aegean Blue is pretty awful.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
3,729 Posts
Or Pearl White!:)
That's what I wound up with, but I did NOT pay the extra cost. I'm not going to pay extra for my second choice.
My concern about the pearl finish is it will increase the cost of any body work required down the road.
Let's hope I never need to find out if this is true.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,025 Posts
Thanks for the link, it shows the Obsidian Blue Pearl but when I look on their site for build/inventory it is not listed there. Personally I think that the other Aegean Blue is pretty awful.
It appears that they have pulled Obsidian Blue from Production in the US, and replaced it with that Aegean Blue. Having seen one in Aegean Blue recently, it is too cartoonish of a color for my tastes. They just did not pull it from the front page selector, but if you choose Obsidian and then drill down into the build applet... it only offers Aegean Blue.

The White Pearl has changed slightly a couple times since 2017, and they recently added it to their list of paints with an upcharge to them. Seems the color adjustments simply moved White Pearl shading a little more white and a little less off-white.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It appears that they have pulled Obsidian Blue from Production in the US, and replaced it with that Aegean Blue. Having seen one in Aegean Blue recently, it is too cartoonish of a color for my tastes. They just did not pull it from the front page selector, but if you choose Obsidian and then drill down into the build applet... it only offers Aegean Blue.

The White Pearl has changed slightly a couple times since 2017, and they recently added it to their list of paints with an upcharge to them. Seems the color adjustments simply moved White Pearl shading a little more white and a little less off-white.
Thanks for your help! That is what I have been finding, maybe only in 2023??

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,025 Posts
Thanks for your help! That is what I have been finding, maybe only in 2023??
Hard to say for sure. Obsidian Blue has been in the Honda color pallette since at least 2013, so it is an old color, though popular with some owners.

Honda could bring it back, but I bet if they do.. it will be slightly different shade and with a new name, but still a dark blue metallic or pearl finish.

·
Registered
2021 CR-V EX AWD RRM/Gray
48 Posts
You may want to reach out to a dealer directly. If a certain color/interior is important to you, it's worth putting down a deposit to get the first look at that specific vehicle when it arrives. By doing so, you're decreasing your negotiating power, but I don't suspect any buyers are getting great deals these days. They may be able to answer the Obsidian Blue question once and for all.

I think the bright blue color (Aegean, right?) looked bad to me at first. Now it doesn't look too bad to me for some reason.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts