Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What cup or socket size is needed to drive lower bushing into rear damper?

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  joevideo 
#1 · (Edited)
I am getting ready to rebuild a rear strut on my 2000 CRV SE. Does anyone know what size cup or socket I will need to drive the bushing into the shock? It has to be a cup or socket because of the way the bushing is made - I had to order the bushing from the California parts depot and I want to have all my tools ready to go when it arrives.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
You cannot purchase replacement struts from Honda anymore - they have been discontinued for this model and year. You have to buy the component parts and rebuild the strut. The bushing I am asking about is located at the bottom of the shock and is sold separately from the shock. It has to be pressed or driven into the shock and is where the bottom of the strut is attached to the suspension.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
When it comes to suspension parts I prefer using Honda replacement parts. The original struts have lasted 271,621 miles so I think I will stick with Honda quality. I blew a seal in the right rear shock but other than that everything else is working perfectly - I will replace all the rubber components since I am taking it apart but that is just preventative maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.