Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I do not know. I do know no light or message is displayed at 219F.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
The only way to find that out is by checking the online service manual.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not know.Thank I do know no light or message is displayed at 219F.
Thanks. Last weekend, I went up to the Trail Ridge roadn(12k+ feet in Rocky MT NP) and I saw at lest 225F with no light. Maybe I got higher temp, but that is one road you tend to keep your eyes on the narrow road. :)

I am suspecting factory setting somewhere between 240-265F.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Thanks. Last weekend, I went up to the Trail Ridge roadn(12k+ feet in Rocky MT NP) and I saw at lest 225F with no light. Maybe I got higher temp, but that is one road you tend to keep your eyes on the narrow road. :)

I am suspecting factory setting somewhere between 240-265F.
The CR-V CVT does run toasty.....when I observed 219F that was on flat terrain, at 70mph, for about 20 minutes, not towing. Seems like there was thread a while back talking about towing a 2500 lb boat several hundred miles.:jawdrop: I wonder what tranny temps were in that scenario. I don't recall temps being monitored.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Dayum!.......and I thought 219F was toasty. At 240F we're talking dark toast.:jawdrop: I just don't understand why Honda gives New Zealand CRVs a connection point (for a cooler) on their CVT trannies AND an auxiliary stacked-plate tranny cooler as an option while the USA gets nothing but a hockey puck so called warmer, and a pathetic warmer at that.:confused2:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
If folks with weak heaters could just get 240F tranny fluid circulating thru their heater core, problem solved, wouldn't need that updated radiator pipe.:beb:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I use a ScanGauge II. It plugs into the ALDL (OBD-II) port under the dash.

Vehicle Car Gauge Technology Electronic device

1 - 10 of 10 Posts