Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd start a place to share what you're up to with your 5th Generation CR-V.

Today I received the splash guards and floor mats. It's cold and snowy here so she's a very dirty girl.

I ordered them from http://www.collegehillshonda.com. Next upgrade will be the horn.

fullsizeoutput_4f4.jpg

fullsizeoutput_4f5.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
I peeled the window sticker off and got the glue residue off with WD40. I have had it less than 24 hours and didnt want to wait for the dealership to do the first detail so that's why I had to peel the sticker.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Congrats on your CRV! I kind of remember the feeling of a newly purchased car.:p

Post also some exterior pics if you can ...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked the air in all tires today. All were within 1 psi.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Washed it by hand inside and out... 36 degrees outside :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
1. Bought Gas (the tank is too small for this car IMO)
2. Had a Suntek Clear Bra installed on the hood, fenders, bumper, door cups, A pillars

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought all weather mats, cargo tray, net, and splash guards about two weeks ago. Installed all but the splash guards. Will wait until it's nicer later this week or early next week.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Brought it back to the dealership due to noisy driver window, terrible Android Auto experience, and cruise control problem light that came on while I was driving here.

·
Registered
730 Posts
@dim sum can i ask how much you paid for the clear bra install. i wnat to get this done as well.
I have been quoted $585 by a local shop that had done cars for me and several of my friends in the past. They do excellent work, do not use a pre-cut kit, use X-pel or 3M material depending on your paint color, and do the job in about an hour. They are amazing installers and they stand behind their work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the clear paint protection put on last week for 750.00 Whole front, front lights, part of hood, part of front fender, door handle area, back of side mirrors.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Could paint protection cause little white dots on the paint? I've been finding them in several places (even the windows). The honda cleaning stuff takes them off with a microfiber, but it's still quite a bit of annoying scrubbing. Can't figure out what it is. The dealer said they put paint protectant on it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
@dim sum can i ask how much you paid for the clear bra install. i wnat to get this done as well.

Sure thing. Are you in the DC area?

http://proshieldinc.com/

David is the gentleman that owns the shop and he did a great job. Price for the "Premium Package" is on the website at $795. He does offer a discount if paid in cash vs credit cards.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Could paint protection cause little white dots on the paint? I've been finding them in several places (even the windows). The honda cleaning stuff takes them off with a microfiber, but it's still quite a bit of annoying scrubbing. Can't figure out what it is. The dealer said they put paint protectant on it.
Could be paint sealant, which is a clear liquid applied over the clearcoat. Paint protection film is a plastic sheet that is applied on top of the surface, it's installed kind of like window tint (but really much different) but you get the idea.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1. Bought Gas (the tank is too small for this car IMO)
2. Had a Suntek Clear Bra installed on the hood, fenders, bumper, door cups, A pillars
I agree on the fuel tank capacity being to small. The Acura version gets an extra 2 gallons.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I agree on the fuel tank capacity being to small. The Acura version gets an extra 2 gallons.
2017 CR-V
Highway range = 476 miles
City Range = 392 miles
Combined Range = 420 miles

2017 RDX
Highway range = 448 miles
City Range = 320 miles
Combined Range = 368 miles

I think I like the range of the 2017 Honda CR-V more than the 2017 Acura RDX.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Real world numbers are fairly close when you consider tha gas tank size. That being said the point I was making is they could of used the exact same tank for the CR-V and the range would of been pretty good. My 4cyl Accord can do 500 miles on a tank and during the warmer months with non-ethenol fuel I get close to 600. Those are almost all highway miles though.

For the record I have no regrets and am not someone who would pay the extra money for the Acura enhancements. I'm quite pleased with my (many) Hondas.

Honda CR-V AWD 1.5
14 gallons x 29 mpg average = 406 miles

Acura RDX AWD
16 gallons x 22 mpg average = 352 miles

acura.jpg
honda.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts