Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Which ones? In the grill or on the bar?

The ones on the bar look OK.

The ones in the grill might look better if the grill was in black. But it appears to reduce air to the radiator.

·
Premium Member
3,658 Posts
They did't do it for me back in the 90's when they came out....And they still don't now.

Maybe in body colour they would look ok.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I saw a black version of this on Ebay but it was listed as 2001-2006. Couldn't figure out how it could fit a 2001 and the other years.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Generally, people on E-bay don't really know what years Cr-v it will fit, they just know that it fit one year, and then guess on the rest. I know where you can get that particular grill for $80, if you really want it. I'm more fond of the Mercedes style and think the Mugen one is the best for the Gen 1.

Mostly there are only replicas left. For about $50 you can find the "Mugen style" one.

Now, weren't you just telling me how ricey my American Muscle car billet grill was?:D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha @ serj... if u were paying attention.. this is wut i said on post# 8.

yeah i'm thinking bout body coloring em lizzurd...

LULS @ chris...
:cool::cool::cool:

well yeah man... i know wut u mean... ebay is a hit and miss, if ur not careful and don't pay attention to the detail ur gonna end up buying the wrong ish. happened to me couple of times.. 1. i bought a gauge cluster for my vic which i thought was a good deal.. but it was for a manual and i have an auto.. LMFAO.. fml! 2. i bought a crv tails for my sister's V but it didn't fit. i found out later that there's 2 versions, UK and Japan.

anyways, i'm not really digging the mugen grille.. it's too busy and bulgy just for it to be a grille IMO. i know the fogs i showed was bulgy too, but it actually has a purpose with the fogs being in it. i personally like the OEM SE grille.. it looks clean. i don't like the huge OEM round fogs that goes on top of the bumper.. that looks pretty [watch what words you use -chris]... well for now i think, unless it grows on me. i do like the smaller round fogs that goes in between the unpainted part of the bumper... and the euro bumper with fogs (pricey and i would be lucky to find one :( )

i can't wait for this blizzard to be over so i can get this V checked by the mechanic to see if everything is OK and get her updated on service.. then i'll slowly start with the part buying... :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts