Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I got new tires (205 70 15) yesterday for my 2004 CRV and was wary about doing a $70 alignment given the small degrees I was out. I had the alignment done and checked it out when I got home. I converted degrees out to inches to compare to the toe inches specs the Honda manual gives. The printout was given in degrees toe. But the camber spec was shown like so in the Honda manual:
0°00₵ +/- 45₵
from the Honda manual Wheel Alignment - Honda CR-V 2002 2003 2004 2005

I dont know what ₵ means. There should just be a decimal point there. Somewhere in the text it mentions center of tolerance but still the symbol puzzles me. Do they mean 0° +/- .45° ?

The tires were filled with nitrogen at Gateway Tire in Hernando MS. The outside temperature is 58°F. the cold tire pressures are LF 41, RF 36, RL 38, RR 40 psi.
The door spec is 26psi. Not sure if that matters but it is the first item listed in the manual when doing an alignment. Is Nitrogen different?

Thank you
Moira noobeee

·
Premium Member
2010 EX-L (AWD, non-Nav)
565 Posts
Nitrogen is not at all different except that it sounds exotic. Air is 79% nitrogen. If the specs are 26 psi, then they are overfilled - by a huge amount. That causes a bouncy ride. It could also cause them to wear out sooner.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,166 Posts
Hi everyone,
I got new tires (205 70 15) yesterday for my 2004 CRV and was wary about doing a $70 alignment given the small degrees I was out. I had the alignment done and checked it out when I got home. I converted degrees out to inches to compare to the toe inches specs the Honda manual gives. The printout was given in degrees toe. But the camber spec was shown like so in the Honda manual:
0°00₵ +/- 45₵
from the Honda manual Wheel Alignment - Honda CR-V 2002 2003 2004 2005

I dont know what ₵ means. There should just be a decimal point there. Somewhere in the text it mentions center of tolerance but still the symbol puzzles me. Do they mean 0° +/- .45° ?

The tires were filled with nitrogen at Gateway Tire in Hernando MS. The outside temperature is 58°F. the cold tire pressures are LF 41, RF 36, RL 38, RR 40 psi.
The door spec is 26psi. Not sure if that matters but it is the first item listed in the manual when doing an alignment. Is Nitrogen different?

Thank you
Moira noobeee
😂😂😂 Camber is many times given in degrees and mins. Such as 4°30' is equal to 4 and 1/2 degrees. In your case they are giving the camber in degrees and 1/100s of a degree. ₵ = 1/100. Don't ask me, I wasn't at the meeting deciding units of measures the human race would use. Personally I like hogsheads, sperm candles and furlongs per fortnight.😅

Oh good trivia time. Why is a day divided into 24 hours..who the hell came up with that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts