Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine always reads 378. The reason I ask is because even at almost empty my car takes less than 12 gallons and it seems like I'm getting a lesser range than the computer is estimating. I don't think I'm getting bad fuel economy because when I calculate the mileage per tank I get between 28 and 29 mpg. I guess I just want to make sure my car isn't cutting off the gas pump prematurely as it seems like I have to refuel more often than I ought to.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The range is a calculated figure based on your latest MPG and displayed.
If you go on a long highway trip and get good MPG, you will see your next range to be way up there.

·
Registered
476 Posts
My range meter read 425 this evening after a 10 gallon fillup. I've had my CRV for about 5 weeks and the first 2 fill-ups, it read about 380-385. Now that I am learning to drive this engine efficiently, MPG is going up and my range meter is starting to creep up also. The Manual states that the meter arrives at its estimate based on your previous usage, and the low fuel indicator will light when your remaining fuel reaches about 2.1 gallons. I still haven't figured out if the meter is representative of your theoretical range based on a 14 gallon tank or the range based on the available fuel. I need more fill-ups to figure that one out !! My 2015 CRV had a 15.3 gallon tank which translated for me to an additional 51 miles between fillups ... I'm missing that....:-(

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have been pondering this topic now that I am into my 4th tank of gas. My car has been reading in the 370's at fill up time, however the mpg average has ranged between 30.5 and 32. With a 14 gallon tank, I would expect the range to be closer to 425 a 450.

Perhaps the range is calculated on the fuel available before the gas light comes on?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine always reads 378. The reason I ask is because even at almost empty my car takes less than 12 gallons and it seems like I'm getting a lesser range than the computer is estimating. I don't think I'm getting bad fuel economy because when I calculate the mileage per tank I get between 28 and 29 mpg. I guess I just want to make sure my car isn't cutting off the gas pump prematurely as it seems like I have to refuel more often than I ought to.
Mine is about the same as yours, I'm getting around 374-375 estimated range on a full tank, but I fill up when there's about roughly a quarter tank left.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ever since winter hit (and subsequently the winter fuel mix) its no surprise my mileage has gone down, and thus, my fuel range. I'd usually see 400 miles after a fill up, now I'm around 370 or so.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
This topic can be found elsewhere. The range changes based on what sort of mileage you have been getting. Mine can read anywhere from 370 to over 400 depending on how I have been using the car.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have seen 420 on several occasions. Total avg mpg about 31.8 mpg so its giving me 13.2 gallons of the 14. And yes when the low fuel comes on I can usually put in 11 gallons.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I regularly see 715 - 720 kms (444 - 447 US miles) when I fill up.
My average MPG from NEW is 26.6 US mpg.

Here is what is stated over on the Fuelly website:

Based on data from 267 vehicles, 11,228 fuel-ups and 3,169,574 miles of driving, the 2016 Honda CR-V gets a combined Avg MPG of 26.31 with a 0.08 MPG margin of error.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I too am from Australia and are getting about the same 700-725 kms (434-450 miles) seems everytime I fill up my consumption gets slightly better, I found the same with my 2014 model. I find on a long distance trip I get an even larger improvement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts