Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD sold
4,096 Posts
Something tells me, that your CRV has more problems than this wiring harness. Can you zoom out a bit and show the front end?

·
Premium Member
2018 EX-L fwd
1,071 Posts
A pic may be worth 1,000 words, but as Rocky asks, send some more information, i.e. pic of the larger area, details of previous ownership, etc., presently owning or intending to purchase, etc.

This is what appears to be missing: Amazon.com: OMRON G8HL-H71 12 VOLT DC SPST LOW PROFILE ISO AUTOMOTIVE RELAY (5 PACK) : Automotive

To me, cut wires without capping ends & missing relay indicate shoddy shade tree maintenance. IMHO, if thinking whether to purchase or not, go somewhere else without a second thought.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
8,209 Posts
I agree with rocky, we need a fuller picture of the front end.

Because from what I can see in the photo above, it looks like this vehicle was in a impact collision and that wiring was torn out by whatever the incident was.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Something tells me, that your CRV has more problems than this wiring harness. Can you zoom out a bit and show the front end?
A pic may be worth 1,000 words, but as Rocky asks, send some more information, i.e. pic of the larger area, details of previous ownership, etc., presently owning or intending to purchase, etc.

This is what appears to be missing: Amazon.com: OMRON G8HL-H71 12 VOLT DC SPST LOW PROFILE ISO AUTOMOTIVE RELAY (5 PACK) : Automotive

To me, cut wires without capping ends & missing relay indicate shoddy shade tree maintenance. IMHO, if thinking whether to purchase or not, go somewhere else without a second thought.

It’s the front driver’s side, this is my car, someone clipped off my bumper so working with the insurance, I want to make sure whatever fell off is accounted for in the inspection.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree with rocky, we need a fuller picture of the front end.

Because from what I can see in the photo above, it looks like this vehicle was in a impact collision and that wiring was torn out by whatever the incident was.
Plastic rivets popped out and tire rubbed against it and wore the wires? Did this happened during your ownership? If you have to fix it, soled new jumpers and use heat shrink tubing, not tape. Wires long enough?

Plastic rivets popped out and tire rubbed against it and wore the wires? Did this happened during your ownership? If you have to fix it, soled new jumpers and use heat shrink tubing, not tape. Wires long enough?
Ok the other info came at the same time I posted my comment. So if the insurance (his or yours) will cover it, make sure soldering the wires not wire nuts. As I have learned over the years….do it right the first time! Good luck

·
Premium Member
2018 EX-L fwd
1,071 Posts
It’s the front driver’s side, this is my car, someone clipped off my bumper so working with the insurance, I want to make sure whatever fell off is accounted for in the inspection.
View attachment 151966
Sorry to hear that.

Many times, the insurance company wants to do things on the cheap. Involved in a collision not of my own doing where front end of former vehicle got hammered. Ins company paid to get it repaired. 30 days in the dealership shop from which I purchased the vehicle. Got word it was finished. Went to pull out of the driveway, steering wheel literally fell into my lap. Called ins company. Their response was that if they knew the steering was compromised, they would have totaled the vehicle. After spending so much money in repairing the front end, the ins company refused to total out the vehicle. Finished the steering repair, drove it for another year, then got rid of it when the transmission failed [not due to the accident, I believe].

This might help you figure things out: Electrical Connector (Front) - 2016 Honda CR-V 5 Door EX (2WD) KA CVT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's the relay that supplies power for the AWD system, why they mounted it there I have no idea. You will need the holder/socket, cover lid and relay.
Thank you, that makes sense seeing as AWD light is on the dash when the incident was very minor, just bumper got pulled off.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,670 Posts
Thank you, that makes sense seeing as AWD light is on the dash when the incident was very minor, just bumper got pulled off.
Don't thank me yet, you can't buy the parts you need from Honda. The relay housing comes wired to the engine wire harness. I would suggest going online to some auto salvage company and find a 2016 engine harness. Then cut the relay housing off the harness leaving enough wire to splice the wires to the existing wire harness. It looks like the other relay housing in your pic is also damaged so you might as well do both. FYI the other relay supply power to the fuel injectors

1 - 10 of 10 Posts