Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to put my dashcam in a fuse that does not power until the ignition is turned on. ie the audio system but Honda already have a piggy back fuse in or near it so I cant get in there. I used the fuse that supplies the console power socket which when ithe ignition is off it has no power but my dashcam does not power down when I stop the engine. Any help would be much appreciated

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
check the owner's manual for your dash cam. Some models stays on as they have a battery build in or a capacitor. See if it's set on to sleep when the power from the outside source i.e. cig lighter is cut off. Let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check the owner's manual for your dash cam. Some models stays on as they have a battery build in or a capacitor. See if it's set on to sleep when the power from the outside source i.e. cig lighter is cut off. Let me know.
The manual just says "If recording auto shut off will not work" I think I'll take the multimeter up to it again and check that the fuse I'm using definitely does not supply power. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you happen to know what number that is. I'll have a look at the book. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
dont know as Im not at home for a while but im sure its the first one from the bottom left, check the manual but thats 100% the one you want to use

·
Registered
2019 CR-V Touring
70 Posts
I used an "add a circuit fuse tap" in position #1, 10 amp, accessories (interior fuse panel, left end fuse in bottom row). The power to the camera will turn off with the engine. Camera may continue to record for a short period depending on make / model.

Nextbase 522GW. camera
2019 CR-V Touring

Hints:
Use fuse puller stored on underside of engine compartment fuse panel lid. To get easy access to interior fuse panel, pull edging from dash panel / door frame then pull dash panel free from clips along left edge (careful ...don't break the clips). You'll find an easily accessible ground screw there as well. Be careful not to foul the airbag when you feed the cable behind the pillar cover. Replace dash panel and cover(s).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts