Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

461 - 480 of 480 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I bought an aftermarket rear privacy cover from Amazon for $70 shipped instead of honda oem $185 plus shipping. It surprisingly fit perfect like an oem and the quality is very good, Im very happy :)

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,591 Posts
I just noticed in your signature you got a 2019 HR-V!!!!! what fun!
Yeah, our daughter bought the new car.

I'm still trying to get my brain wrapped around the controls. She yelled at me already for inadvertently changing her settings when I looked for the odometer reading!!! :Darn::snork:

·
Registered
2007 EX-L with Navigation.
589 Posts
This month I changed out the radiator coolant, brake fluid, power steering fluid and an oil change. In another 8,000 miles, I will get the transmission fluid changed out.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Changed the oil using Super Tech Full Synthetic 0W20 and a Fram TG7317 oil filter.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
960 Posts
Was bored so i went to install my rear lower led reflectors...

all was going good until i opened the corner on one snapped... womp womp

·
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,149 Posts
Nothing yet, but the car is currently dead. Battery died - again! Just put this new AC Delco battery in back in Feb 2018. So it didn't last long. Going with a Group 24f AGM this time. I will be doing a full how-to thread with pics on it. I'll be using the Odyssey parts for the upgrade. The Group 51R is just not cutting it. I also got a NOCO Genius 5 smart battery tender and will be installing that and using from now on. Being as how I am retired and didn't drive that much anyway, and adding to that the current virus lockdown, I think this will be my best path forward. More to come! Will post it in the DIY Mods section.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,591 Posts
My wife's car wouldn't start after 2 weeks of non-use. (18 month old battery!) :mad:

I need to buy more of those on-sale $5 battery maintainers from Harbor Freight. Not as SMART as the one @kloker mentioned, but it'll do. (I have a CTEK 5.0 for the AGM battery in one of our 'toy' cars)

++++++++++++++++++++

·
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,149 Posts
I looked at the CTEKs and the NOCOs, and only chose the Genius 5 on price. Will see how it works out. $61 at Amazon. I'm probably gonna put the big money in an AGM battery. I'm tired of hassling with this issue repeatedly, eh? Plus, at some point I plan an audio upgrade, so this would be good for that, too. Can't justify the over $300 for the NorthStar AGM 24F though. Ouch! It doesn't even have gold accents!

·
Registered
151 Posts
My wife's car wouldn't start after 2 weeks of non-use. (18 month old battery!) :mad:

I need to buy more of those on-sale $5 battery maintainers from Harbor Freight. Not as SMART as the one @kloker mentioned, but it'll do. (I have a CTEK 5.0 for the AGM battery in one of our 'toy' cars)

View attachment 138523

++++++++++++++++++++

View attachment 138524
I have used HF maintainers for years. I got 12 1/2 years out of an OEM Motorcraft on my 2001 Ranger and 11 years and still counting on an aftermarket motorcycle battery bought online.

·
Registered
2020 Honda CRV Touring
59 Posts
6.5 years old and 90,700 miles and she still looks good! Don't mind the messy garage, I'm PCS'ing to VA in a little over a month, so I emptied out my shed.
I had to stop and think what PCS'ing was and then it dawned on me, I've done that! Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
2014 CR-V 2.0 Lifestyle
783 Posts
Mom came over for a car wash so I conditioned her leather interior and my CR-V's leather parts as well. That one was quick as only the side bits are leather. Still, smells great. I think I'll take the family for a spin.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I had new wiper inserts installed today.
40k miles out of the original ones is pretty good in my book.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Yesterday I installed new wiper inserts, changed the oil and filter using Valvoline HM FS 0W20 and a Fram TG7317 @ 93,600 miles.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,591 Posts
I had new wiper inserts installed today.
40k miles out of the original ones is pretty good in my book.
If you wash your own car, cleaning the glass each time with mesh-covered sponges gets the grit off, and extends the streak-free life of the blades.:cool:

Those sponges are also good for removing squashed bugs without damaging paint on the nose and mirrors.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought an aftermarket rear privacy cover from Amazon for $70 shipped instead of honda oem $185 plus shipping. It surprisingly fit perfect like an oem and the quality is very good, Im very happy :)
I'd love to see some pictures or links to what you ended up with. Were you able to retain any factory controls or cameras?

461 - 480 of 480 Posts