Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
481 - 500 of 529 Posts

·
Premium Member
1998 CR-V EX 4spd auto "Big Green" completely stock with roof rack and front mud flaps
1,210 Posts
Checked coolant hoses. I need new ones soon.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,987 Posts
So 6 months ago I had Goodyear install new rear struts on my V. I had a clunk ever since. Well today they replaced the right rear strut under warranty which did away with the clunk. I also had a vibration at highway speeds and they determined my tires were causing it due to uneven wear. Even though the tires were 3.5 years old and about 56-58k miles on them they replaced them at a discounted rate ($197.08 including tax for all 4 tires). I also installed a new cabin air filter and engine air filter that I ordered from RockAuto. What makes it even better is I still qualify for a $50 mail in rebate, so I will have paid a total of $147.08 with tax for 4 new Goodyear Assurance All Season tires. Not too shabby! Oh, my mileage is 100,279 currently.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
4,879 Posts
So 6 months ago I had Goodyear install new rear struts on my V. I had a clunk ever since. Well today they replaced the right rear strut under warranty which did away with the clunk. I also had a vibration at highway speeds and they determined my tires were causing it due to uneven wear. Even though the tires were 3.5 years old and about 56-58k miles on them they replaced them at a discounted rate ($197.08 including tax for all 4 tires). I also installed a new cabin air filter and engine air filter that I ordered from RockAuto. Oh, my mileage is 100,279 currently.
Take care of your V and it will take care of you! 100,279 miles is just getting started!

·
Premium Member
1998 CR-V EX 4spd auto "Big Green" completely stock with roof rack and front mud flaps
1,210 Posts
Not today, but in the last two weeks:
Swapped CV shafts do to torn boots.

Swapped ball joints as a precaution since the steering knuckles turned a bit too easily when I did tie rods earlier this year (old ball joints actually turned out to be perfectly fine tho).

Lubed all my hinges and door locks.

Washed and waxed outside of car, including space tire mount since I haven't properly waxed it in a while.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,987 Posts
Did an oil and filter change. I absolutely regret waiting and getting stuck doing it during the winter. I'm definitely not in TX anymore. I will change the oil before winter next time. Out: Valvoline FS HM 0W20 with Fram TG7317 and 7,2xx miles on it. In: pictured below.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Gave it a first wash in six weeks as it finally broke into positive °C. My pressure washer was broken and I didn't get to wash it in December before it turned cold. I had bought the required parts (valves, springs, seals, pistons, bearings) for the pressure washer but there was plenty of stuff to do around the house and it was cold anyway so I procastinated. It took a few hours to fix it and it's now better than when new.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,987 Posts
Changed the transmission fluid today at 102,978 miles. I think this fluid had about 36k miles on it. As you can see the fluid was pretty brown but I didn't have much metal on the drain plug magnet. The transmission is shifting much more smoothly now.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,987 Posts
Changed the coolant on my V today with 103,xxx miles and followed this video:

It was a pretty straight forward process. I idled and revved the car with the rad cap off for 45 minutes while the heat was on full blast and added coolant as needed. It worked like a charm!

·
Registered
2011 CR-V LX 2wd White / 2003 Suzuki XL_7 Limited 4x4
97 Posts
2011 CR-V with 180,200 km - My Springtime "Plus" service. I changed the oil (not the filter), transmission drain and fill - along with the inline filter, coolant drain and fill, new air and cabin filters, and removed the snow tires. All ready for Summer Fun!

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,987 Posts
Had to wash her today. Looks damn good for being almost 8 years old and 104k miles.

·
Registered
2011 CR-V LX 2wd White / 2003 Suzuki XL_7 Limited 4x4
97 Posts
A couple weeks back I changed the serpentine belt and found that the tensioner pulley bearings were growley. New tensioner came in yesterday so it got replaced today. Not a bad job... just one beer. But I'm also in the midst of doing the egr valve and 1 O2 sensor on the Suzuki XL_7. Any work done on that beast is like entering the 7 circles of hell. Total beer count is yet to be determined.

·
Registered
2004 Honda CRV EX UK Made
85 Posts
Today I received the in-line ATF filter that I ordered through Amazon. It was cheaper than buying it to the local dealer ship even though I had to pay importing fees as I live in Guatemala.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
11,591 Posts
Not a bad job... just one beer.
Total beer count is yet to be determined.
Derrick uses the same measurement of time & difficulty that I do! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I'm in the middle of a sound-deadening project in the '09 I might keep. Pretty disgusted with the project but with the rear end disassembled, I have to plug away until I get it finished. (It's very time consuming, and tiring having to climb in and out of the cabin and do all sorts of contortions--my back isn't exactly pleased with the process.) I have some other improvements waiting in the wings, plus I need to give the whole hooptie fleet a wash.

Still shopping replacements for the other '09 (I'm sick of dealing with it), but the 4Runners have gotten overly expensive now with the demand for used vehicles having soared. So I don't know which way I'll be going.

With gas prices soaring, I have to get the Civic engine torn down again and replace the piston rings. Probably will happen in June once I get these other projects (and outdoor chores) behind me.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Gadget Audio equipment Electronic instrument Computer hardware Publication

Just picked up a 11 CRV EX, 94k mi.
A hatch loaded with projects, complete brakes-pads, rotors, caliper rebuild kits, new flex lines, boots & hardware.
All new cooling/heating system hoses.
Drive belt & tensioner.
Plugs.
Gaskets for valve adjustment.
Engine air & cabin filters.
Trans filter.
Fluids to drain & fill the trans 3 x, extract & fill the power steering 3 x, rear axle fluid change, brake fluid for a complete flush, & new Honda coolant.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
4,879 Posts
View attachment 147723
Just picked up a 11 CRV EX, 94k mi.
A hatch loaded with projects, complete brakes-pads, rotors, caliper rebuild kits, new flex lines, boots & hardware.
All new cooling/heating system hoses.
Drive belt & tensioner.
Plugs.
Gaskets for valve adjustment.
Engine air & cabin filters.
Trans filter.
Fluids to drain & fill the trans 3 x, extract & fill the power steering 3 x, rear axle fluid change, brake fluid for a complete flush, & new Honda coolant.
This will keep you busy for a few minutes! ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Took mine through the Quick Quack! Because I chose black, it’s a weekly event.

481 - 500 of 529 Posts