Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
501 - 520 of 529 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Touring, Sonic Gray Pearl
151 Posts
Gave my V a full two-bucket hand wash on Friday, and a full interior detail today. All mats out, scrubbed, rinsed and treated with Chemical Guys V.R.P.. Full and thorough vacuum, and all interior surfaces wiped and protected. Still need to clean/condition all the leather and do interior glass, but the rain came in and I'll have to do it tomorrow.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,987 Posts
View attachment 147723
Just picked up a 11 CRV EX, 94k mi.
A hatch loaded with projects, complete brakes-pads, rotors, caliper rebuild kits, new flex lines, boots & hardware.
All new cooling/heating system hoses.
Drive belt & tensioner.
Plugs.
Gaskets for valve adjustment.
Engine air & cabin filters.
Trans filter.
Fluids to drain & fill the trans 3 x, extract & fill the power steering 3 x, rear axle fluid change, brake fluid for a complete flush, & new Honda coolant.
Nice! Any pics of the new V? Do you still have the ‘13?

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
The older I get those minutes turn to hours...
I can relate. My project has already taken two weeks on and off--I'm at the "totally disgusted with it" point right now, so that is fueling me to get it done. 😁 Worst part is, I have yard chores I need to get done so I have to put it off even longer now. I know the end result will be worth it, but I'm never doing this again--I'll pay someone to do it, and it'll have to be a lot newer SUV for me to invest that much into it.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,987 Posts
Anything new going on with the V's today?

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
It's been raining on and off here today, but I have some projects lined up for the CR-Vs. My one ongoing project had to be set back a few weeks since I had other work to attend to.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
11,591 Posts
I replaced both front brake calipers on our 2006. (190,000 miles)

One side was binding and it was 'roasting' the hub and causing a steering wheel shimmy. Caught it before the pads wore prematurely.

·
Registered
2011 CR-V LX 2wd White / 2003 Suzuki XL_7 Limited 4x4
97 Posts
Nothing! Finished (hopefully) my 180,000km service a few weeks back (plugs, oil, filter, air filter, cabin filter, serpentine belt and tensioner, trans fluid and filter, valve lash, etc. Today was a couple wobbly pops and watch the Blue Jays finally win. Now I'm kinda old, so I think I'll have a nap.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
was looking at passport elite ,advanced rdx & type r
But really dont ‘need’ anything since crv is paid and barely used lol
The Type R is insane! 😁 If I could still shift a manual (can't, with arthritis...my left side is in pain half the time), that would be on my short list. I have to say that I like the edgy styling of the current Civic vs. the upcoming 2022 Civic, where it looks like an "econobox" again although it is still a nice design.

I was looking at the Clarity plug-in hybrid. We can get discounted rates for EV charging, and the Clarity would handle two days worth of commuting before needing a charge. But I may just hold out for an Ioniq 5 in the future and get a full EV. Or I might see if the Mach-e comes down in price on the used market, although I really don't trust Ford. Way too many bad experiences with my last ownership experience.

·
The. Mod. Erator.
7,121 Posts
was looking at passport elite ,advanced rdx & type r
But really dont ‘need’ anything since crv is paid and barely used lol
I'd wait for a non-Swindon-built CTR.

The UK factory closes in weeks, so quality will be an issue on those run out CTRs from England.

Reactions: BoostedV

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,987 Posts
Washed her by hand today. I'm really impressed on how well she's holding up after 8 years and 106k miles.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Began the audio build. Pointless but it's fun pastime.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Added a week ago--installed a throttle response controller.

Brake work this past weekend. 95% done on replacing rubber brake lines with braided steel lines, replacing rotors with drilled/slotted rotors, and replacing front pads with Akebono performance pads. Brake pedal still a bit soft, so I have to bleed again today. Thank goodness for air compressor powered brake bleeder.

Interesting--bought this '09 about 60,000 miles ago from a Honda dealer, and they had replaced the front pads. I thought I felt a little grinding but having taken them off, they may have at least 25,000 more miles left on them. (A lot of mileage was from five long road trips across the country.) But with everything apart, I replaced them anyway, and they'll go into spare parts with the original rotors. I upgraded to drilled/slotted for the mountain driving I do.

Next project this week (today or tomorrow) is to remove the Yonaka exhaust, clean it up to resell, and put the stock exhaust back on with new bolts and gaskets.

The ceramic coating seems to be holding up well, and the trim is still looking as dark as new stock trim.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Yonaka exhaust was painlessly removed, and the OE system back on.

Finished up most of the sound deadening project. At any rate, I can drive it again, as I've had it apart for a couple of weeks. While reassembling the interior, I cleaned everything, including using an extraction carpet cleaner. The console area was a mess, even underneath the carpet. It's nice to have it all cleaned up now.

I have the original tan OEM floor mats. They're a little worn in the front, and I'm looking at getting the black floor mats as a replacement, as it will break up all the tan, and will match the upper dash and doors. I did get a WeatherTech cargo mat for the rear, in black. Never had one before, and I like that it's a little bit grippy so things aren't sliding around.

I have a few more minor things to do, but the other cars all need some attention, so those will be worked on next.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I attempted to fix yet another bad door lock actuator on the blue CR-V yesterday and as usual, the three screws in the side of the door are impossible to remove. I got one loose, but the other two ended up stripping out. Even using JIS bits (rather than Phillips bits)! So once again, I have to drill them out.

I have some of the brake rotor screws on hand, and they appear to be the same size. I'm going to check. If they fit, at least I won't have to run out and buy more screws!

Why did they ever decide to use these types of fasteners anyways? My only thought is that maybe they didn't want anyone getting scratched or hung up by standard hex bolts, even if they are recessed. Still, they are impossible to remove in older CR-Vs.

This will be three out of four actuators replaced in the blue CR-V. I had to replace one in my CR-V a couple of weeks ago--it didn't have the loud grinding noise, but it would not unlock fully, and would lock itself immediately again. Fortunately on mine, I was able to get all three screws out.

The blue CR-V is also going to need an exhaust system soon--the flange broke again. I'm done with messing around with it. Now, if only the aftermarket systems weren't garbage...

501 - 520 of 529 Posts