Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
521 - 537 of 537 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Touring 1.5T AWD, Sonic Gray Pearl
171 Posts
Gave my '20 Touring 1.5T in Sonic Gray Pearl a proper two-bucket hand wash with a quality power washer and hot water this evening. The cleanliness is fleeting in my neck of the woods, but it's always worth the time and immensely satisfying.

I have to say I'm thrilled with the investment of ceramic coating and full front clip PPF every time I wash it. Easy to clean, water beads like crazy, and not a single paint chip in nearly 11,000 miles of mostly mountain highway driving.

Tomorrow I'll knock out the interior--full dusting and wipe down, thorough vacuum, clean/condition the leather seats, and protect plastics. Next week it's time for an oil and filter change in the driveway.

·
Registered
2022 CRV EX FWD 2013 CRV EX FWD
3,011 Posts
Did an oil an filter change today. Used Havoline 0w20 and a Fram TG 7317 filter. Car is at 107,320 now.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
4,227 Posts
Not today, but the other day I finally replaced the stock Hankooks with Michelin Defenders. A nice treat for the V.
Much nicer (and quieter) ride, and ready for the snow to fly.
As always, Site Sponsor Discount Tire provided excellent service.

DT is missing an opportunity. There always seem to be at least 20 people waiting around, most for at least 30 minutes. They should park a food truck in the lot, probably make a lot of sales.
Or at least a cocktail waitress.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Oil and filter change at 11,500 miles. Removed stripped screw for belly pan with an extractor bit and replaced it with part 90105-TBA-A00. Torqued drain pan bolt to spec, new crush washer. Refilled with 3.7 qts Amsoil Signature 0W-20, new Wix oil filter 57356XP. Changed engine air filter with Wix, and replaced cabin air filter as well. A successful morning of driveway maintenance.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Engine air filter was shockingly dirty after 11k miles, I will definitely be switching it out sooner in the future. I do drive on a lot if dusty dirt roads in the summer.

·
Registered
5 Gen: EX 1.5T
262 Posts
Oil and filter change at 11,500 miles. Removed stripped screw for belly pan with an extractor bit and replaced it with part 90105-TBA-A00. Torqued drain pan bolt to spec, new crush washer. Refilled with 3.7 qts Amsoil Signature 0W-20, new Wix oil filter 57356XP. Changed engine air filter with Wix, and replaced cabin air filter as well. A successful morning of driveway maintenance.
Nice work, good job

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
4,227 Posts
Nice to see a "Traditional" Colorado plate. They have so many "specialty" plates I almost forgot what the old ones looked like.
I recall in the early 80s they removed the mountains, people were tin-snipping them off the old plates and attaching them to the new ones.

Reactions: wesleystripes

·
Registered
2019 EX-L
22 Posts
Engine air filter was shockingly dirty after 11k miles, I will definitely be switching it out sooner in the future. I do drive on a lot if dusty dirt roads in the summer.

recently bought a used 2019 from Honda dealer, was shocked on the weekend when I opened the filter looking exactly like this, plus a butterfly and a bee.

they are really skipping on “getting the car ready”.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It's a balmy 50° F today, so I swapped over to my winter tires and stock wheels. Had to use a tire gauge to determine where the tires belonged since Discount failed to label them when they pulled the winter tires off last spring and mounted the stock all-seasons on the set of 19" black wheels I purchased.

Torqued to 80 ft-lbs, tires cleaned, bagged and stored.

I also replaced the plug and cord on my block heater since I carelessly yanked the plug off the end of the cord last winter when I forgot to unplug it before driving away.

Winter tires are Nokian Hakkapelita R3 SUV.

I need to invest in a real floor jack; these scissor jacks are kinda junk, but they get the job done.

Today also happens to be exactly 1 year since I purchased it new with 6 miles on the odometer. 13,250 miles later and I'm a happy camper!

Heavy snow on the way this week, ready for winter now!

·
Registered
2022 CRV EX FWD 2013 CRV EX FWD
3,011 Posts
After 8 years and 3 months of ownership and 111,700 miles my drivers side headlight went out, so I replaced both headlight bulbs with Phillips 9003 VisionPlus bulbs. Drivers side took 10 minutes and passenger side took less than 5.

521 - 537 of 537 Posts