Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

What have you done for your V today?

Tags
today
99K views 611 replies 127 participants last post by  TOM1911 
#1 ·
I have see threads like this on different sites and they seem popular on them. So, I am trying to see 'What have you done for your V today?'

List it up. See what everyone else is doing. post pics if you take them. If It fails, oh well, I tried.

I'll start off.

I am about to go and clean out and vacuum the interior and probably even wash her. I don't know the last time she was washed before this, so she is a dirty girl.

I'll try to get some pictures if I can.

#7 ·
Well, I didn't end up washing her, but I did end up vacuuming and cleaning up the interior.

I will probably wait until Saturday to wash her. I need to get to a place that has a good wash bay.

#10 ·
Thats what your V did for you. Its like JFK said, "Ask not what your V can do for you, Ask what you can do for your V." Or something along those lines.

Its a day off for me so I waxed my VEE, all shinny..:D
I need to do that. I will probably do that Saturday. Along with a good cleaning under the hood.

#17 · (Edited)
I ordered LED signal mirror covers for my V! The Vee is anxious for this mod.....:rolleyes:
They just arrived and look awsome -unpainted I ordered them- so I'll take the parts tomorrow to the body shop and get a nice paint job on Royal Blue Pearl. Had to call 3 shops for budget,, first two wanted $100 for the job........:mad: ....just to much
Third one (BTW one of the best ones here) will do it for $50 ! with top of the line Dupont materials.

#21 ·
No wash today

We just got about 4 inches of snow and with the wind today 0 degrees F.My V is staying in the garage and I am staying in the house and watching the Bills game.They are playing in Toronto.:)

#26 ·
I just took a picture of the trucklet, I'll clean her off tomorrow . . . .

#31 ·
New owner of a 2000 CRV SE with 135,500km (85,000 mi approx).
The previous owner pretty much ignored the various fluids.
It's - 30 deg today, so I did what I could in freezing conditions:
1/ Suctioned brake fluid out of the brake master cylinder reservoir with turkey baster. Blackish green color. If it is 8 years old and absorbs water at 2%/ year, its over 10% water. Topped up to max with Honda Brake fluid. This will cycle through the lines.
2/ Suctioned out power steering fluid out of the p/s reservoir with turkey baster. Blackish tan color. Topped up to max with Honda P/S fluid. This will cycle through the p/s pump and clean the system
3/ Replaced the spark plugs.
4/ The battery failed to start the night before and had not been showing the green dot. I replaced it with a new Honda battery. Used a battery charger on the terminals to maintain power to the radio and I didn't need to find the code.
5/ Replaced the engine air filter.
6/ Used the turkey baster to replace cruddy antifreeze in the overflow reservoir.

Saving for later:
1/ Oil change. Need to pick up one of those run for 10 minutes then drain oil engine cleaners.
2/ ATF change: Plan to do the 3 qt drain, 3 qt drain, 3 qt drain and fill to top.
Probably will space it out over days since ATF has cleaning properties.
3/ Timing belt/ water pump. In 30,000 km. Those Honda timing belts are gold, I thought at 135,000 km that this change out was overdue.
4/ New stereo head unit. Clarion 2DIN with AUX and USB and variable LED to match dash amber (UK model of DUZ385SAT) on its way.

#33 · (Edited)
Nothing today, nothing the day before. Friday we shared our first drive in fresh snow falling about 2" per hour and in the mid 20's. Before any plows or much traffic made a mess. Handled fantastic!

So I guess you could say I gave it a physical! Can you say HAAAH! :)
I made sure everything worked having only ~1,800 miles and my wife being technically challenged, I could not wait to check it out. Without any salt on the roads.

I do not see much point in washing it if it will be almost as dirty after another few miles. It is snowing Right Now. So far 1/3 of the way to another 9 inches of snow accumulation.

Xmas it is supposed to be about 40 so it will be a real mess if I wash it then a few miles after I wash it.

You California types have got to stop teasing us in the snow.
"I waxed this, I detailed that. It was so warm after I had to go for a swim..."

-RG

#34 ·
dang, I wish I could get some snow.

Illegal, do you have any pictures of your plate mount? that sounds sweet.

I am thinking that Saturday, I will be changing out the shift knob. I haven't settled on one yet, but I have a few in mind.