Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 with 120K miles on it. Honda dealer was replacing the front wheel bearings and said that when they were pressing in the new bearing the front knuckle bent. They said it happened because it was very rusty. My wife doesn't think we should have to pay for the part since it wasn't broken when we brought it in. What do you think?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a 2012 with 120K miles on it. Honda dealer was replacing the front wheel bearings and said that when they were pressing in the new bearing the front knuckle bent. They said it happened because it was very rusty. My wife doesn't think we should have to pay for the part since it wasn't broken when we brought it in. What do you think?
Push back let them take the responsibility for the damage. The front knuckle is beefy, I don’t understand how the heck they bent the part unless they use brute force or may have screw it up when they tried to press the bearing in?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
If the dealer refuses to accept responsibility I'd contact American Honda Motor Corp (if you are in the US).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very unlikely that the knuckle bent during normal installation.
The tech must have been installing the bearing wrong or not using the right tools or machine.

Push back. Have them cover the cost of the damage. You are already paying the labor and bearing cost which probably is not cheap at the dealership. Really its just the price of the part.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Your wife is correct, please tell them nicely that they are responsible for the broken part and if they refused then go talk to the manager

1 - 5 of 5 Posts