Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to be a pain, but I have not had any luck with fitting anything other than the OEM dipstick down the hole. I know there is a restriction somewhere by the feel and the fact that the dipstick only goes down in one position. My borescope is too large to look down the hole and I tried to test the depth with a length of straight wire the same diameter as the thickness of the orange tip of the dipstick but was only able to go down 12" and never touched the oil level, no matter how I twisted the wire. I thought the wire would go down with no problem. How does anyone get to use an oil extractor in there? I bought the knock off Powerbuilt with a 5.8 mm tip but of course it won't fit and I don't want to order a 3/16" tube if it likely won't work either. I give up. I fail to see how sharpening a tip or hammering the 5.8 mm tube flat would work. Let me in on your secret, PLEASE.....
Neil W

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Do you have a hardware store close by?.....most of those sell clear vinyl tubing, in various diameters, by the foot, for pennies/ft. I would think 2' would be long enough.

The dipstick hole (at the top) is .456" best I can tell.......kinda hard to get calipers in there to measure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hammer it flatter and work it back and forth while twisting to put it in. It will go. Didn't seem like it would to me either but it will. I have the same extractor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts