Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is Helms manual for CR-V
http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.asp?class_2=AHM&mk=Honda&yr=2005&md=CR-V&dt=&module=&from=result&Style=&Sku=61S9A04&itemtype=N&mscsid=X4RDKR0VLLJ48PSWRQ7WH00TPX328FR5

and the Honda Service Manual
http://www.autorepairmanuals.biz/site/573683/product/61S9A04

Which one is better? Helms has 1,500 pages and I've heard good things about it and Honda's has 2,500 pages.

I just picked up a Haynes (another thread) and it was terrible. What I really wanted to know was, does the Helms one have better pictures and step by step procedures over the Honda one? Somewhat confusing to me as some people here have said that Helms is the Honda service manual, and that is why I posted the two links as the one from Honda has 1,000 more pages. If they are the same, then maybe the Honda one has the electrical troubleshooting pages in it as well?

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Both say they are written by Honda Service Techs, so they are probably the same thing, and since the Helm's says "average of 1500 pages of tech info" or something like that, I assume it has 2500 pages, but maybe the other 1000 pages have pictures or something or they just say over 1500 and are correct if it's really 2500. I'm going to make a bet to say they are exactly the same thing, could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
The Helm manual is the Honda repair manual right down to the correct part number. The difference in price is where your are buying it from. Helm is cheaper since they are the company that produces it.

Note on the number of pages. One states an average of 1500 and the other says approx 2500.

Look at the part number listed.....They are the same book. The ETM is not included.

·
Registered
352 Posts
that's interesting, I saw in the owner's manual a link to Helm and bought mine there, I assumed they were exactly the same .... I think I have even referred to one as the other in the past ...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But I want to pay $40 more for goodwill to Honda :D..... ok, my arm is twisted, I'll go for the cheap manual with the same print!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Both the same parts # so probably both the same manual. Got mine awhile ago and remember checking both helmsinc.com and handaaccessories.com. Both were around $72. I recently heard Helms dropped their prices 25%, which would make it around $56. Don't know why the page #s are different, sounds like a misprint (mine says 1,960 pgs.)

·
Everything in Moderation
8,154 Posts
The Helm manual is "DA BOMB" (It's Grrrreat!).

Has anyone yet tried to download all the literature from HelmInc.com for their model? I was going to do that for the Fit but it never seems to malfunction.... :rolleyes:

Heres the Link to the service subscriptions:

http://tinyurl.com/p2f7hm

For some car brands the 3 day subscription allows one to download the entire manual. Waiting to hear if this is the case with Helm.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Helm manual is "DA BOMB" (It's Grrrreat!).

Has anyone yet tried to download all the literature from HelmInc.com for their model? I was going to do that for the Fit but it never seems to malfunction.... :rolleyes:

Heres the Link to the service subscriptions:

http://tinyurl.com/p2f7hm

For some car brands the 3 day subscription allows one to download the entire manual. Waiting to hear if this is the case with Helm.
Haven't tired, but if it is legal and ethical, I would like to download a whole manual on my pc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
part number for Helm manual?

2001 CR-V; I want the best service manual I can find. This thread says Helm is the publisher of the 'official' service manual, but mentions no part #s. Does anybody have that magic part number please? 2001 CR-V (4wd)

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
S85 may not be such a bad option for E60 MS. But for more information, you could consult the user manual of the vehicle. This could help to know more about the best and the worst engines.
And if you wish to get a free user manual online, you could consult manuals.co for assistance, which offers all kinds of user manuals for vehicles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why don’t you just get a copy of user manuals for both these vehicles free of cost and know more about it? Yes, you could get all kinds of user manuals free from manuals.co. Just enter the model name and you could get a user manual instantly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why don’t you just get a copy of user manuals for both these vehicles free of cost and know more about it? Yes, you could get all kinds of user manuals free from manuals.co. Just enter the model name and you could get a user manual instantly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
S85 may not be such a bad option for E60 MS. But for more information, you could consult the user manual of the vehicle. This could help to know more about the best and the worst engines.
And if you wish to get a free user manual online, you could consult manuals.co for assistance, which offers all kinds of user manuals for vehicles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts