Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a silver 2002 CRV EX with 49,800. I love the car and am not anxious to sell but my son is telling me I need to get a new car since this is the age that things start to go wrong. It's in excellent condition, inside/outside, but has a slight dent/scratch on back rear door. I went to CarMax in Florida last week and they said it shows well/drives well and gave me a price of $7450. I have two people who have approached me about buying it and keep asking me for a price. Is $8500 a fair price? By the way, I will get another CRV - love the car!!!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have a silver 2002 CRV EX with 49,800. I love the car and am not anxious to sell but my son is telling me I need to get a new car since this is the age that things start to go wrong. It's in excellent condition, inside/outside, but has a slight dent/scratch on back rear door. I went to CarMax in Florida last week and they said it shows well/drives well and gave me a price of $7450. I have two people who have approached me about buying it and keep asking me for a price. Is $8500 a fair price? By the way, I will get another CRV - love the car!!!

At 49800 your CRV is barely broken in. Why do you want another car payment when you know the history of this one? If you want to upgrade, fine but you are better off putting money into your current vehicle versus buying new.

That said...use this link to find the value of your car.

http://www.blackbookportals.com/bb/products/usedcarHTMLportal.asp?func=100&color=o&cntl=2977B9BoN1AYB37B1BRTB&ur=False&vusel=N&companyid=IBMCU.COM&cust=&Refresh=Y&showwholesale=True&showretail=True&showtradein=True

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd go higher than that. I saw a few 2002 CR-Vs for $8-9k. Mostly LX's.
And most with 90,000+ miles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have to agree with Badgerland.....I wouldn't even consider getting rid of you CRV with that mileage. And....have you priced new ones????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts