Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All from Scotland, UK,

My shiny new (2010) CRV EX, 2.0l petrol, manual has a fault with the rear screen washer. I can hear the motor power up but no fluid comes out. I have removed the supply pipe from the sprayer nozzle and still no fluid so it is NOT a blocked nozzle.

I need to trace the route of the supply pipe from the fluid reservoir ( in the front right wing) to the rear tailgate. Can anyone tell me where it goes? Is it through the roof or perhaps through the chassis in the door sill?

( Dealer has offered to fix it but given his "mechanic" managed to break a screw, a pop stud, lose another screw and replace it with a wood screw, whilst removing the wheel-arch liner, investigating the fault this morning, I have no faith in their ability and do not want them monkeying around with the head cloth or roof trim in my new car)

Any help or diagrams appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Cannot tell for sure but here is a parts diagram...

Hello All from Scotland, UK,

My shiny new (2010) CRV EX, 2.0l petrol, manual has a fault with the rear screen washer. I can hear the motor power up but no fluid comes out. I have removed the supply pipe from the sprayer nozzle and still no fluid so it is NOT a blocked nozzle.

I need to trace the route of the supply pipe from the fluid reservoir ( in the front right wing) to the rear tailgate. Can anyone tell me where it goes? Is it through the roof or perhaps through the chassis in the door sill?

( Dealer has offered to fix it but given his "mechanic" managed to break a screw, a pop stud, lose another screw and replace it with a wood screw, whilst removing the wheel-arch liner, investigating the fault this morning, I have no faith in their ability and do not want them monkeying around with the head cloth or roof trim in my new car)

Any help or diagrams appreciated. Thank you.
Here is a link to a parts diagram showing it but not very clear?

https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.co...ical-exhaust-heater-fuel--windshield-washer-3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much Downunder and Canyon. The diagrams are very useful. I traced the fault and luckily it was just a blockage in the rear supply pipe, just where it passes out of the bodywork and connects to the tailgate pipework.

There is a short "S" shaped section of pipe ,with a built-in grommet, that brings the pipe from inside the rear roof bulkhead to connect with the flexible tailgate section of pipe. There is a small one-way valve ( non-return valve) plastic section in this bit of pipe work and it was also blocked with sludge.

I initially suspected the rear nozzle, but when I disconnected it and still no fluid came out of the supply pipe, I assumed the fault must be elsewhere. That was a mistake. I cleaned the non return valve by carefully sucking the black sludge out of it and spitting it out. There is probably a better way to do this!

Thanks again for the diagrams.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
And Thank You for the followup...

Thank you very much Downunder and Canyon. The diagrams are very useful. I traced the fault and luckily it was just a blockage in the rear supply pipe, just where it passes out of the bodywork and connects to the tailgate pipework.

There is a short "S" shaped section of pipe ,with a built-in grommet, that brings the pipe from inside the rear roof bulkhead to connect with the flexible tailgate section of pipe. There is a small one-way valve ( non-return valve) plastic section in this bit of pipe work and it was also blocked with sludge.

I initially suspected the rear nozzle, but when I disconnected it and still no fluid came out of the supply pipe, I assumed the fault must be elsewhere. That was a mistake. I cleaned the non return valve by carefully sucking the black sludge out of it and spitting it out. There is probably a better way to do this!

Your description of how all that piping works may well save others a lot of work!

·
Registered
753 Posts

Thanks for that info. Good to know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m trying to track where the blockage / leak is to my rear windscreen washer. When I engage the washer, I can hear the pump, but no water comes out of the nozzle. I do notice water pooling behind the rear left hand wheel. Seems to be leaking inside the rear tailgate body, and running down the inside left hand side of the tailgate, coming out the bottom, onto the bumper, and then onto the ground.
I’m assuming the leak is between the rubber hose that goes into the top of the tailgate, and the nozzle itself. To remove the tailgate light, I’ve found a YouTube clip, and and happy with that process, but the video seems to be for a CR-V with no washer. The rubber hose is very stiff, and doesn’t want to detach from the plastic connector. Any suggestions? Hairdrier? Concerned once i get it off, it won’t go back on.

Any other suggestions re the leak?

The rear nozzle produces no water, and the front nozzles gets about an inch up the windscreen, very feeble flow. I’m thinking I’ve sucked up some sludge from the bottom of the washer reservoir, and the system is blocked, forcing leaks?

I’d like to detach some of the hose connectors to see if I have good flow before the water reaches the nozzles, but not having much joy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts