Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2012 CR-V this weekend and noticed a strange button on the lower left dash panel. I can't readily see where it is connected under the dash, but I'm pretty certain that it's aftermarket. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Is there any way you can ask the person/dealer you purchased it from?

Definitely aftermarket. Considering there's only three wires doesn't seem like it would go to anything as complicated as a car alarm. Seems like some sort of switch for powering on and off something. Did you try pressing the button to see what happens?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to take to the local Honda dealership this week for their thoughts. I didn't notice any changes when I pressed the button (e.g. lights on/off). It seems like the top of the connector is a wireless sensor. Maybe a car alarm shop or similar would know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found it. There's also a similar posting on this forum. Since I don't have enough posting to include a link, the images of the device and links are attached. Now, what do I do with it?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: I am seeing a lot of Honda owners that have the same or similar devices installed on their vehicles (not just limited to CR-V's). I am not going to post links to the complaints (there are no "compliments"). But, if you need more info, search for Karr Security Systems. The module in my CR-V had a sticker with the following info: 784305(8714) TESTED 105/12. This was installed by a local Honda dealer in Colorado Springs, CO.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Oh my lord who would put such a ugly thing on such a nice car right there not to mention your poor knees in a accident.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh my lord who would put such a ugly thing on such a nice car right there not to mention your poor knees in a accident.
Correct. Ruin a perfectly good dashboard by using self tapping screws :mad: Such a poor decision/practice by a reputable car dealership. The worse thing about this thing is that I have no idea if it even works. I've read a lot of postings and still have no clear picture of its usefulness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts