Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,548 Posts
That is where the millimeter radar emitter/receiver is located for the HondaSensing system.

If you do not have HondaSensing, then it would just be a cosmetic cover to replace the emitter/receiver

·
Super Moderator
7,548 Posts
I have Honda Sensing...seems odd there is no wiring behind this plastic plate and it is smooth with no apparent sensor on or in the plate
You have to look from the inside of the engine compartment, but even then it is tough.. because of the radiator.

The plastic cover is simply a facade. The emitter/receiver is an metal plate, and is then connected to the circuits that process the information.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,141 Posts
That is where the millimeter radar emitter/receiver is located for the HondaSensing system.

If you do not have HondaSensing, then it would just be a cosmetic cover to replace the emitter/receiver
Pretty sure HS is standard on all CR-V's in the USA, like the UK/Europe??

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,572 Posts
I have Honda Sensing...seems odd there is no wiring behind this plastic plate and it is smooth with no apparent sensor on or in the plate
The plastic cover can be easily removed. Stick you fingers thru the grill at the upper left and right of the cover. You will find two tabs on the back of the cover. Press in "slightly" on the tabs and pull towards you, the cover will come off. You will then see the actual radar module along with the adjustment screws for aligning/calibrating the radar unt. It may be useful to know how remove the cover should you need to clean mud/debris from the face of the radar or back of the cover.

·
Super Moderator
7,548 Posts
The plastic cover can be easily removed. Stick you fingers thru the grill at the upper left and right of the cover. You will find two tabs on the back of the cover. Press in "slightly" on the tabs and pull towards you, the cover will come off. You will then see the actual radar module along with the adjustment screws for aligning/calibrating the radar unt. It may be useful to know how remove the cover should you need to clean mud/debris from the face of the radar or back of the cover.
(y)

Just be sure and do NOT in any way tweak the actual emitter/receiver plate as you are removing the plastic cover, because you will not like the re-calibration bill from the dealer.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,141 Posts
I believe it is now.. but it was not when gen5s first released in the US. Similar to how the 1.5T was not standard initially on all trims for the US market.. but is now.
Sorry my bad, I should have quantified that I specifically meant 5G CR-V's, not all CR-Vs in general.

·
Super Moderator
7,548 Posts
Sorry my bad, I should have quantified that I specifically meant 5G CR-V's, not all CR-Vs in general.
What Honda did with the mid-life refresh of the gen5 for the US market is make HondaSensing and the 1.5T turbo standard on all trim levels. As captainbeandip noted above....prior to that, only upper level trims had these in the US market as standard, and like always with Honda, if you wanted them.. you needed to buy a higher trim level prior to the 2020 model year.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,141 Posts
What Honda did with the mid-life refresh of the gen5 for the US market is make HondaSensing and the 1.5T turbo standard on all trim levels. As captainbeandip noted above....prior to that, only upper level trims had these in the US market as standard, and like always with Honda, if you wanted them.. you needed to buy a higher trim level prior to the 2020 model year.
That was the case here with the 4th Gen CR-V.

But when the 5th Gen debuted in the UK late fall of 2018, HS was standard on every trim level and is no longer an "optional extra". And of course, at launch, we only had the 1.5T as the only engine until the Hybrid arrived in spring of 2019.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts