Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cr-V 2WD LX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I inherited my mother’s 2005 CR-V when she stopped driving a couple of years ago. It sat outside for about 14 years so the body is a little ragged. The part that I want to replace is at the bottom of the window. It is black but is peeling and showing bare metal. What is the name of that part? I’m a lady and not a mechanic, so don’t give me too much grief. Ok, maybe a little. 🤓
So far, I’ve replaced one door lock accuator, sanded/painted a few rust spots, installed a roof rack, step bars, radio and backup camera, bought new floor mats and seat covers. Also, had some leaks repaired at the local Honda dealership. Overall, I guess she doesn’t look too bad and only has 143K miles.
Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Car

Wheel Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
14,196 Posts
I call ours "Harvey". :giggle: :ROFLMAO:
(Who remembers George Harrison of The Beatles? When asked "What do you call your hairstyle?" he replied "Arthur" )

Anyway, as usual, the Honda online dealers didn't make the search easy. I'm out of time...

But I would suggest either:

Scraping the old rubber off and painting it a satin black (which is what we did on a daughter's Integra)

or

re-coat with Plasti-dip.

·
Registered
2004 CRV 2.0i S, K204, 5Sp
11 Posts
The thing on the window, I don't know the name but you have to pull the inside door moding off to replace it. There are about 4/5 yellow clips you need to undo. I only found replacement ones by going to the junkyard and taking them off an existing CRV.

·
Registered
2005 Cr-V 2WD LX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The thing on the window, I don't know the name but you have to pull the inside door moding off to replace it. There are about 4/5 yellow clips you need to undo. I only found replacement ones by going to the junkyard and taking them off an existing CRV.
Thanks for the info. Hopefully I can find out the name of the part and then find a YouTube video about replacing them.

I call ours "Harvey". :giggle: :ROFLMAO:
(Who remembers George Harrison of The Beatles? When asked "What do you call your hairstyle?" he replied "Arthur" )

Anyway, as usual, the Honda online dealers didn't make the search easy. I'm out of time...

But I would suggest either:

Scraping the old rubber off and painting it a satin black (which is what we did on a daughter's Integra)

or

re-coat with Plasti-dip.
I like the idea of refurbishing the old parts. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts