Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2006 CR-V 2WD

I replaced the front passenger wheel bearing and removed the brake pads to clean up the sliding plates and lubricate them. I made sure to reinstall the wishbone type springs. After completing the job and putting my tools away, I saw this on the driveway right next to where I was working. Did this clip come from the brakes or anything else that I may have worked on to replace the wheel bearing? Here's the photo of this clip, or whatever it is. Anybody recognize this?:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding, Kev. I'm looking at a Honda diagram, and don't see that clip in the photo above for the brake pipe where it connects to the flex hose. That clip looks different than this one and I didn't mess with the brake pipe anyway. I only removed the flexible hose from the strut so I could move the caliper/bracket out of the way to remove the axle out of the hub to do the bearing replacement. I'm thinking this is just some radom clip from something else that got swept up on the driveway and it's not even from this car? Unless someone knows this is a Honda part (or even a car part at all)? I dunno.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sure looks like the clip off the brake pipe – Have you checked the opposite side to compare clips?
Yes, brake pipe clips are shaped like this part #31 in the diagram below. Is that the part you mean?

I think this clip I found must be from something else and it just happened to fall on the driveway next to where I was working.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
First, thank you Kev, for trying to help.

This below is part #31 and it is called a brake hose clip:

Another copy of the diagram for part #31 (I wish they had photos instead):

This part #31 above (which is not the part I posted in my first post on this thread) slides in the groove at the end of the flexible hose as it attaches to the bracket from which the brake pipe comes. The pipe and hose are connected with a flare nut. This clip #31 keeps the flexible hose in the bracket.

Brake pipe clips are usually plastic and are shaped like this:

The wheel sensor is bolted to the knuckle and has two plastic clips that secure its wire to the strut. It doesn't have a metal clip like I posted in my first post.

I'll have to take a look at the other side tonight.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please accept my apologies for miss directing you – My Bad.
What? No need at all for that mea culpa. You're trying to help and it is very appreciated. I can only think this little clip is from some other thing in my garage and it somehow landed right where I was working. It's gonna bug me forever until I discover or remember what it is.

Anyway, if you have time I have another thread about my dumb mishap I caused. Any insight would be great (besides reminding me that I'm an idiot). The thread is titled "What did I mess up.....?"

Here is the link below:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts