Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
First post so forgive me if I get anything wrong.
Can anyone tell me what item 14 is in the picture?
Am I correct in thinking that item 1 is the EGR Valve?
I have a CR-V 2.2 I-CTDI EX 5d MK3 with spluttering problems and hesitations on acceleration.
Fuel economy seems low at 32mpg.
Regarding item 14, the valve was stuck in the up position as if it had a vacuum applied all the time even with no hose connected.
I have managed to free it off so when I apply a vacuum and release it the plunger moves up on vacuum and down on release.
What confuses me is that after a journey with the engine off the valve stays up and there is a vacuum present all the time.
If I pull the vacuum pipe the valve drops down to rest.
Is this normal or should the solenoid valve release the vacuum and allow the valve to drop down.
Hope this makes sense.

Product Organism Mammal Font Art

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi,
Thanks for the reply, I have seen that post.
So if 14 is the EGR what is item 1?
If item 14 keeps a vacuum when I switch off the engine is it possible that the solenoid valve is not releasing the vacuum and the solenoid is stuck?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
So now this bulletin is calling item 1 in my picture the EGR Valve so what is item 14?
My main question is If item 14 keeps a vacuum when I switch off the engine is it possible that the solenoid valve that controls it is not releasing the vacuum and the solenoid is stuck?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hello @Didspip,

Let me try and explain what I meant by Honda using generic parts photos. The 2.2 i-iCTDI engine has been used in four models of Honda vehicles; hence you get a generic photo that covers all of them.

So, to answer your question why not pop along to your local Honda distributor and get the parts folks to explain for you.

If you had looked at the link to Piedish post he was working on the same engine as yours (See photo below) and what you are actually looking at on the Honda drawing is the vacuum control unit for the turbo charger, which is not shown in the Honda parts drawing.

If you suspect a problem with the EGR vacuum solenoid I would suggest you pop along to your local Honda distributor, or garage and get them to test the parts for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello,
I have tested the EGR valve and it holds a vacuum fine and releases fine.
Solenoid valves also hold a vacuum fine and switch fine. My question is with item 14 that is sticking.
In my first post I asked what is item 14 and should there be a vacuum on it when the ignition is turned off or should its control solenoid release the vacuum?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hello @Didspip,

Your first post you asked what item 14 was and were advised that it was your EGR valve.

If your EGR valve is sticking you have the frequent problem that we have seen many times because it is blocked with carbon and causing the valve to stick – Remove it and clean it as detailed in other posts on here plus the Honda TSB.

To answer your new question regarding vacuum when the engine is not running; No, you will not have any vacuum because the vacuum pump has stopped rotating.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you,
So are you saying they class both item 1 and item 14 as EGR Valves?
There is a vacuum on my EGR (ITEM 14) Valve when I turn the ignition off. If I pull the pipe after stopping the car there is a hiss as the vacuum is released. I suspect the solenoid valve is not releasing the vacuum. Does that sound about right?
Thanks,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts