Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Inspired by my thread about possibly adding factory DRLs to our 2006 LX 4WD...

I ran across an unused multi-pin connector under the left-hand drivers side dash. The connector is bright green and was taped up to the harness that runs down in the far left hand side of the dash.

Any idea what this connector is for? Perhaps it is for a feature not found on the LX, is an accessory option, or maybe is a ROW (rest of world) function not found in US CR-Vs? The configuration of this unused connector shell does not seem to match the DRL module that is used for CR-Vs equipped with DRLs from the factory, so I don't think it is for the DRL module, but... ?

Here is the associated harness and neighboring module it was taped to. BTW, any idea what the "Omron" module is with the small green connector is? Given it is by Omron, one might assume it is related to lighting, but curious... (Note, answered in following post. This module is the keyless entry receiver.)

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ah, with a little more searching, I've found that the Omron module in the photo above is the "(38385-S9A-A01) Keyless Entry Receiver Unit".

So I wonder if the green connector(s) are indicative of module connections associated with the CR-V security system? If so, perhaps that is a clue to what is missing and not connected to the unused larger green connector?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a link to the 2006 Security System installation instructions. Look at Step 16.

Ah, thanks! That answers it! (y)

So learned two things:

1) The 2006 CR-V (LX, EX and SE) appears to have only come from the factory with a "Remote Entry System" and "Immobilizer Theft-Deterrent System" but not a "security" system. But the security system is available as a Honda accessory: Security System P/N 08E51-EP4-100 The factory keyless "Remote Entry System" only allows remote unlocking/locking, horn honk to confirm locked, and a panic horn mode. To be honest, for most people that is probably enough, and the radio has a flashing theft deterrent LED that probably does a pretty good job fooling the bad guys that there is an alarm/security system. But the accessory is still available and isn't too terribly expensive.

2) That larger unused green connector is for this Security System P/N 08E51-EP4-100 module.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
The blue tape is what I noticed right away. I put the Honda security system in my '97, and the way they assembled the wiring harness, they used those bright colors and especially the blue electrical tape to alert installers to the correct harnesses to attach to. The work was a little tedious (and removing parts of the dashboard on a two week old CR-V was a little unnerving), but those connectors and blue tape made connecting it a breeze.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts