Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Current trip A is 32.4 which matches my worst on a full tank. My best was 34.5. I use local interstate and roads with few lights. I did make one 500 mile round trip on highway. One 90 mile trip I set cruise on 65 and got 40 MPG on that trip. I get 35+ from gas station to my house with three stop signs in 5 miles, rest at 35 and 40. Love this car. Only car I have had that did better was CMAX hybrid.

Oh, current trip A distance is 15 miles. Total mileage is 2400.

·
Registered
231 Posts
For the first time, I drove 30 km (21 miles) on the highway today (without ECON on but I am a very economical driver) and got 6.0L/100km which equals 39+mpg (US Gallon not our Imperial Gallon).

For city driving at about 300km so far I've been getting about 11L/100km = 21.2mpg

I am surprised at the delta between the two.

·
Registered
17 Posts
1050 miles. average fuel A = 26 mpg?
When my wife drives the car, she gets 27-28 mpg on her trips. When I drive it, its 33-34 mpg and we are in a highly populated suburban area with many stoplights, so I consider it "city" driving. You really just have to learn how to feather the throttle and keep the MPG bar in the 40 mpg range or higher.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I just made a 2+ hour trip to another city, a drive I do often. This was my second run on this trip since getting the car. First trip when car was very new I only got about 26.5 MPG going down, then 28+ coming back. This time, with the V near 2,000 miles on the clock I got 33 MPG going down and about 31 coming home. I was in a hurry coming home as it was late and I wanted to get there. While in the city where I had business I did some in town driving. Not New York but average number of stop signs and traffic lights. On two five miles each trip in the city I got 26.5 MPG (OK, I will round it up to "nearly 27" MPG which seems to be about normal for me now in city driving here in the mid-west. Mileage has improved now that the car has a few miles on it and we are use to each other. I have no complaints....good MPG when I drive wisely, plenty of power when I am in a hurry to pass or need to move out of the way. Just what Honda intended with the turbo engine.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yesterday we just made our first trip with ours. To the Jersey shore and back. 1.5 T awd 5 people in the car with the ac on. Econ on and half of the trip in Sport and other half in D. Started the trip with less then 200 miles. 80 % highway and 20% stop and go. It gave us an even 32 mpg. Very impressed.

·
Registered
730 Posts
We just took a two hour round trip to visit some friends, 106 miles total, all rural back roads with some traffic lights now and again when you drive through towns, and we averaged 34.1 mpg for the trip. Average speed of 55-60 mph. Still impressed, when you drive the vehicle casually, how good the gas mileage can be. On the flip side, I'm sure it's easy to make that same trip average 27-28 mpg if you drive aggressively. The turbo engine is probably less forgiving since it can consume more gas at lower RPM's (to make more power in the lower rev range).

·
Registered
184 Posts
Call me a skeptic but i am thinking there is MASSIVE amount of exaggeration on here , hyper mile-ing or people are driving to work at like 30 miles per hour and doing alot of neutral coasting. Don't get my wrong i absolutely LOVE my 17, and would love to get 30+ I would say the consensus on this site is about 27 average... . With MOST reviews of mileage being complaints i find it REALLY hard to believe that someone doing stop and go traffic is getting 33-34mpg. I drive to work 13 miles. other than the first mile its highway and at my ABSOLUTE best being extremely conservative i got 31 on a run...

On the newer Accord website which i frequented often. (Just traded my 13 accord sport 6 speed manual which i absolutely loved) There were claims of like 40 mpg! I had car for 3 years, put 50k on it likely averaged 27-28 for its life...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Call me a skeptic but i am thinking there is MASSIVE amount of exaggeration on here , hyper mile-ing or people are driving to work at like 30 miles per hour and doing alot of neutral coasting. Don't get my wrong i absolutely LOVE my 17, and would love to get 30+ I would say the consensus on this site is about 27 average... . With MOST reviews of mileage being complaints i find it REALLY hard to believe that someone doing stop and go traffic is getting 33-34mpg. I drive to work 13 miles. other than the first mile its highway and at my ABSOLUTE best being extremely conservative i got 31 on a run...

On the newer Accord website which i frequented often. (Just traded my 13 accord sport 6 speed manual which i absolutely loved) There were claims of like 40 mpg! I had car for 3 years, put 50k on it likely averaged 27-28 for its life...
This car really rewards you if you take it easy with the throttle.
I have no problem getting 31+ mpg in most driving situations.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts