Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one out there with a 2015 CRV Touring?
What kind of tires are on it?
Continental whatz:confused:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've got the same rubber on mine as well. No complaints so far but I have less than 500 miles on them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ours also hast the Dunlop AT20s. 3500miles so far and they seem fine

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok I know Im new kid on block but I learned some new tire stuff today regarding something called UTQG rating you can look it up on google to understand better. Nut shell is that all tires except snow have this rating. Goes from around 300 to 800. The higher the number the better the tread wear and life of tire will be if you Honda rotate every 3K miles. My local Honda dealer will price match any price even from online.

For some stupid reason manufactures place tires on cars rated at 300 which is a tire that wears fast. I have seen so many stories from CRV owners complaining about the tires on their new Hondas. Love our CRV 2009 Honda dealer gave me a really nice print out showing 6 options of tires from 2 Continental,Bridgestone, 2 Michelin, Cooper with warranty from 65K up to 90K depending on tire chosen. No I don work for any type Honda. Good hunting Talk to Honda they might give you good insight!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I almost forgot prices installed ranged from $708.40 -$748.00 with out price matching so shop online for your best deal then run to dealer if deal is offered.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I almost forgot prices installed ranged from $708.40 -$748.00 with out price matching so shop online for your best deal then run to dealer if deal is offered.
I was basically trying to validate that I had seen a 2015 Touring (in Detroit Dealer showroom)with
Continental tires on it and what model tire. Most of the people responding have a 2015.
And are you saying the dealer offered you 6 tire options when you bought it "NEW" or that
you recently bought it and he gave you 6 replacement options. Thanks for the info and
yes many are aware of the tire rating numbers . . .which still permits us in droves to
complain about the tires that come standard. Usually the noisy hmm hmm Duelers.

If you were given an option of tires you wanted when new or used. How it works from
the other side is this. I call the local tire store or if the dealer is also a licensed tire retailer.
And ask for a trade from what is on your car now, to what you want. Tire store figures
what a complete set is, and subtracts as trade your old ones. You then pay the difference
plus a dealer mark up for the transaction. The trade amount is obviously going to be lower
if fresh out of the showroom, as in new vehicle.
Me I'll put up with whats on it and try to squeeze max miles out of them, complain
along the way, and love the day they get replaced. Wife says that's my pattern ?

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,041 Posts
Tire rack has great explanations on all the tire markings.
Me I put up with what's on the car but replace with better when worn out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts