Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right so my mom recently purchased a COP '15 CR-V from Honda. When she went back to pick up her plates she noticed they forgot to put on the bottom screws on the rear plate. After she went back inside to find someone to fix that, we ended up spending about 20 minutes on them trying to find 4 like fasteners. The originals were silver, then they brought out gold colored ones.

So, just curious, what are they supposed to be? The salesman on the last go said that's all he could find... But 2 were machine, 2 metal.

I also remember driving that lot a few months earlier when I moved down here and noticed that none of the fasteners match on the new cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I always replace whatever the dealer uses with my own square drive aluminum sheet metal screws. Square drive because not too many have the driver on hand to steal the plates. Aluminum so they won't ever rust.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She ended up getting an aftermarket frame that came with it's own fasteners.

Part of me just wants to see what's going on. Before I moved down here, I was going to a really great dealership in Austin. This one seems to lack attention to detail (dirty sun visor, asked to clean it, they missed spots and left cleaner sprayed all over the window and mirror, as an example).

This is a little concerning to me because I don't want to have to look over everything on my car whenever I take it in for service.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I usually try to find a bolt with either a Torx or Allen head in the hopes it would at least slow someone down - now, of course, they take an aircraft metal shears and just cut the tabs off !! Creative folks up here evidently. Craig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts