Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like a new wheel on order from the Tire Rack and four new Michelin Latitude Tour tires from Costco.

·
Registered
431 Posts
And I thought I had luck picking up a 3" screw in a brand new tire... I could at least plug that...

Wow dude I'm not sure how that even happens unless she ran over something that was stuck in asphalt sticking straight up...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She thinks it happen while crossing some railroad tracks in an industrial area. Something cool happen when she called AAA to change the tire, they ask if she needed police to wait with her before AAA arrived.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Bolt

Costco could not remove this bolt when pulling off the damage tire to get to the TPMS unit to transfer to new wheel. Good news, 4 new Michelin Latitude Tour tires installed. ($837.51 including tax out the door)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Buckeye4

I like the 5 spoke style rims.....NICE....Brand name?

It resembles to a 5 spoke AMG RIMS............:cool:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Crazy bolt. I'm not trying to be an ass but you REALLY overpaid for tires if you dropped nearly $900. $400-$500 installed will get you a set of extremely good tires.

Still, good to hear that its all fixed up now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wheels are Sport Edition KV5 from the Tire Rack. Not sure I over paid for Michelin Latitudes, but do agree there are cheaper options.

The thing I cannot figure out is how the bolt missed the front tire. Wife has no idea and did not feel anything "funny" with the steering wheel before the rear tire big pop.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I would say either she was turning or possible it was laying flat and she ran it over with the front tire and stood it up so the rear tire could catch it.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Crazy bolt. I'm not trying to be an ass but you REALLY overpaid for tires if you dropped nearly $900. $400-$500 installed will get you a set of extremely good tires.

Still, good to hear that its all fixed up now.

Gen3 tires are different sizes that Gen2 and the tire options are different and more costly as you go up in size...just FYI.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Gen3 tires are different sizes that Gen2 and the tire options are different and more costly as you go up in size...just FYI.
I know, my Parents have a 2007 and got 4 brand new Goodyear Fuelmax tires for $400 shipped and then $25/tire for the install. There were cheaper options available too and those were still good tires.

I run G3 size tires on my G2 too btw lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts