• Hey everyone! Enter September's CR-V of the month Challenge HERE
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-V EX-L
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to happen exclusively in Reverse.

Sometimes it's constant and consistent throughout reversing.

Sometimes it seems to happen at a certain "point" of rotation in reverse, e.g. every time the wheel passes a part of the assembly.

Any insight is helpful. I do not think it's as simple as "worn pads" because it doesn't sound like the scraping of the wear indicator. It's likely a consequence of new pads/rotors/fluid service I had done last July in a pinch. We were hitting the wear indicator and one of the chain wheel/tire places roped me in.

What do y'all think?

Video: CR-V_2011_Wheel-Noise-Reverse.MOV

·
Super Moderator
2018 EX-L fwd
1,574 Posts
Welcome to the CRVOC forum. Many fine folks from around the globe here.

Might want to check all your disc pads, again. To my ears, this sounds like brake wear indicator doing its job. Sometimes, sloppy job performance introduces some slack in the assembly which can only be determined by driving the vehicle. Depending on the chain store you used, take it back for them to fix it. If you don't trust that store, take it to either a Honda dealer or an independent garage. Your braking system should have zero concerns.

To help when you have future postings, please click on your Avatar [upper right hand corner]. Select Account Settings, --> Vehicle Information. Fill in the particulars for your vehicle, then Save. In this manner, that important information will automatically appear every time you post, as you can see with UK-Kev's & my responses. This levels the playing field for anyone who wants to help you. There are presently 5 generations of this vehicle, with the 6th just around the corner. Advice for a Gen 1 may not be applicable to a Gen 4.

Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-V EX-L
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You could try jacking the car up and see if you have any wheel’s binding, but really sounds like the rear emergency brake shoes dragging.
Appreciate your insight. I scheduled time at a Honda Dealership to diagnose and address.

Welcome to the CRVOC forum. Many fine folks from around the globe here.

Might want to check all your disc pads, again. To my ears, this sounds like brake wear indicator doing its job. Sometimes, sloppy job performance introduces some slack in the assembly which can only be determined by driving the vehicle. Depending on the chain store you used, take it back for them to fix it. If you don't trust that store, take it to either a Honda dealer or an independent garage. Your braking system should have zero concerns.

To help when you have future postings, please click on your Avatar [upper right hand corner]. Select Account Settings, --> Vehicle Information. Fill in the particulars for your vehicle, then Save. In this manner, that important information will automatically appear every time you post, as you can see with UK-Kev's & my responses. This levels the playing field for anyone who wants to help you. There are presently 5 generations of this vehicle, with the 6th just around the corner. Advice for a Gen 1 may not be applicable to a Gen 4.

Enjoy your ride.
Kazoo! Hey I really appreciate you sharing that feedback and the instructions - I made the updates to my profile. We love our Gen 3 (2011) who just crossed 105K.

Re: your insight on the brakes, 1. I don’t trust the shop and 2. our family has since relocated. I scheduled time at a local Honda Dealership to diagnose and remedy. Your note about seriousness of the braking system hit home.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts