Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Just washed my 08 CRV and notice the black plastic trims and bumpers are slightly dull already after all the snow and salt.

What do you recommend me to protect them and make them black, nice and shiny again?

Armor all will make it shiny but comes of really quick and then looks worst.

I heard mothers or maguirs back to black works better.

I also hear about a hard to get product named Aerospace 303 works great and last long time but do not know where to get.

So what do you use?

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Have been getting some detailing stuff from autogeek.net. They carry the 303 and a whole lot more. For the past 2 1/2 yrs. I've been using Klasse AIO (all in one). After a while it gets dirty/dull just like the rest of the V, but shines right back up like new when I wash it. I put it on every 6 months.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Well I used the stuff from Zaino. Great stuff. I couldn't say enough about it!! The Perfect Tire Gloss can be used on tires and any black plastic. It works great and looks great too. I've used Mequires and Tire Wet, all good products but I have problems with it leaving a greasy run on the paint after it rained. So far the Zaino has not done that at all.

·
Registered
622 Posts
For a quick job try Turtle Wax Ice.Wipe on ,wipe off,makes the black shine and the rest of the V .But only lasts about 3 to 4 weeks.I use it as a touch up between carnuba waxes.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
This weekend I cleaned up my Chevy Avalange, my other love. I used the Zanino on it too. Zaino is now the only stuff that will touch my Honda and my Chevy.:D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yeah my V will get Zaino products only!,
The best for the buck.
One of these days I'll post a testimonial on their Web page.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts