Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had my 2013 CRV EX about a month and realized I don't know what this is. I've looked all through the owners books to no avail. I am convinced it is a dealer add-on because someone used two different colored screws to mount it. Please tell me it is for the passenger ejection seat!

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
Not a particularly clean installation, either. If this is a dealer-installed item on a new vehicle, I'd demand a better job.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Thieft deterant. Aftermarket installed and you paid for it. Many dealers put these in as it lowers their insurance rates for lot vehicles. They should have I formed you of it and the extra charge for it. Pull your bill out. You will find it added in.

Your factory wiring has now had but connectors added in to add this unit. There is holes in that nice new dash panel.

Good luck with it.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,113 Posts
I'd think that they would have hidden it if it were just for vehicles on the lot. I mean, then they could swap them from car to car.

Although, maybe it's a deterrent like the sticker that a previous owner put in a car I had:

"This Car is Protected by an Alarm"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thieft deterant. Aftermarket installed and you paid for it. Many dealers put these in as it lowers their insurance rates for lot vehicles. They should have I formed you of it and the extra charge for it. Pull your bill out. You will find it added in.
Well unfortunately, my bill is not itemized to that degree. The theft deterrent is an interesting theory. I remember the era when new vehicles had that flashing red LED on top of the dash for that purpose. The difference with this is it is somewhat out of sight and has no illumination of any kind. So theoretically, how would this deter a car thief??

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Must be a lease or being paid for monthly then since things arent itemized. Just go to your dealer and ask them. Just as the 1st person who posted said. Problem solved.

I haven't worked at dealerships for over 15 years and have no clue, yup your right.

I'm the only one to give an answer and 2 people are picking me apart for it even though you both have no clue of what it is. So seriously call your dealer and ask. Let us know what they say. Until then this thread will go nowhere as your not getting the answers from us that you want.

·
Premium Member
3,658 Posts
Devices like this can be pure gravy for a dealer. I have hear of dealers installing them on every car in inventory. When you buy the vehicle you have the option of buying it for an outrageous price. They typically come with an insurance policy attached. If you car gets stolen they pay out for replacement. If nothing happens during the time you own the vehicle the dealer and the company offering the units profit. Most dealers don't even both to remove them or even charge extra to have it removed if the buyer passes on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm with the rest of the gang: not stock. I'd be concerned if it wasn't a pre-owned vehicle for a small amount of time. Probably not, but if you don't know what it is, you also don't know what it does. And with a new car, you deserve to know.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Your factory wiring has now had but connectors added in to add this unit. There is holes in that nice new dash panel.

Good luck with it.
x2

You might not have paid for it. Dealers install it on ALL their lot vehicles. we refused to pay their ridiculous price for it but instead of removing it, they just disabled it. So we have a similar switch in the same place.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.