Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I looked around in the forum and thought this to be the appropriate place to ask for advice. I am currently looking at a 2012 CR-V LX with around 71K miles on the clock. The car looks great from inside and outside and also drives fine. The owner has the complete service history of the car with no major repairs apart from the replaced brake pads. Can anyone of you guys suggest important things to look out for? Since this is going to be my first Honda, I would really like a helping thought here. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Aside from oil and filter changes, look for transmission fluid changes and rear differential fluid change if it's AWD.

Also check for brake fluid changes, as that needs to be done every three years.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am so bad............I have a 2002 and had never changed the brake fluid until about a month ago. I had a brake line rust through and started leaking down at the junction under the air filter. There was another one that was not far from leaking and repaired that one also. I did change the trans oil and rear diff at 50,000 miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.