Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace my wife's 08 EX-L with a CR-V somewhere in the 2013 - 2015 date range.
She must have XM.
Question - is XM available in the EX and Touring trim?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,201 Posts
In the US models, the XM tuner is available in the EXL and higher trim. Not available EX and lower trim

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
They aren't fake leather, they're "leather trimmed". Sort of like SPAM meat products - Some Parts Are Leather. ;D

So get the XM app on your phone, and connect it to your CR-V.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They aren't fake leather, they're "leather trimmed". Sort of like SPAM meat products - Some Parts Are Leather. ;D

So get the XM app on your phone, and connect it to your CR-V.
It's a hassle. So much easier when it's integrated right in the radio.

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L
137 Posts
Just bought a '14 exl w/nav, as expected, it has siriusXM. While it's more for that trim level, it's no where near as much as when new. Used CarMax, found one I wanted in LA, they shipped it to Tucson Az for 100 bucks. I could decline after seeing it if desired.

So it's not too hard to find something, with XM, fairly reasonable, when used, imho.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just bought a '14 exl w/nav, as expected, it has siriusXM. While it's more for that trim level, it's no where near as much as when new. Used CarMax, found one I wanted in LA, they shipped it to Tucson Az for 100 bucks. I could decline after seeing it if desired.

So it's not too hard to find something, with XM, fairly reasonable, when used, imho.
I know, I'm just looking for something with low mileage (less than 40k), serviced properly and certified. I found a really nice 13 at the dealer we bought our original CRV from. The sales manager was a dick. Wanted us to pay top-dollar for the 13 and wanted to give us next to nothing for out trade. So much for the CR-V keeping their value. My wifes car has been serviced when due, kept clean. In the last three months it's had trans service, valves adjusted and new OEM floor mats, never been in an accident, no dents, minor scratches, etc. New tires in the last 8 months.

Not ready to go the purchase sight-unseen route yet.

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L
137 Posts
I know, I'm just looking for something with low mileage (less than 40k), serviced properly and certified. I found a really nice 13 at the dealer we bought our original CRV from. The sales manager was a dick. Wanted us to pay top-dollar for the 13 and wanted to give us next to nothing for out trade. So much for the CR-V keeping their value. My wifes car has been serviced when due, kept clean. In the last three months it's had trans service, valves adjusted and new OEM floor mats, never been in an accident, no dents, minor scratches, etc. New tires in the last 8 months.

Not ready to go the purchase sight-unseen route yet.
Yeah dealerships... don't get me going. Really. I've been ripped off badly. I can only say, take every precaution where they are concerned.

sight-unseen purchase? Did u mean CarMax? Goodness no, that is not the case. They shipped mine, on a car carrier to Tucson for 100 bucks. If I didn't want it, I was just out the 100 bucks, nothing more.

I would never purchase without seeing first, no way in the world.

Yer current crv sounds excellent. I'd have a hard time giving that up.

·
Registered
‘15 CRV EX-L
119 Posts
That's what I figured. Kinda stupid on Honda's part. Force you to buy the fake leather seats just to get XM.

It’s not fake leather, it’s real leather where the body touches. You’d be surprised that many luxury cars come with fake leather (vinyl) nowadays.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts