Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got our 2007 2wd CR-V several months ago, with about 89k miles, from a Honda dealer. Recently, the maintenance minder came on indicating oil and tranny fluid changes are needed. We had driven several thousand miles already - so no problem on the timing of the minder indicator; it seemed correct assuming they changed the oil at the dealer.

When the minder got to 5%, I did the oil (full synthetic).

I have not yet done the transmission, but will do it tomorrow.

I just don't know what to do, exactly. It seems that I could do a single drain and fill, or I could do it 3 times for a "flush".

Which is the correct procedure? I gather that a filter change is not needed?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
2007 came with ATF-Z1, NOT DW1

We got our 2007 2wd CR-V several months ago, with about 89k miles, ... I just don't know what to do, exactly. It seems that I could do a single drain and fill, or I could do it 3 times for a "flush".

Which is the correct procedure? I gather that a filter change is not needed?

The transmission filter is in the cooler line from the radiator behind the front bumper and more than likely will not require changing.

The 2007 came with ATF-Z1 fluid. The currently recommended fluid is Honda DW1. I would definitely do the drain and fill, drive it some, times three. Thereafter I would drain and fill every 30k miles or 3 years which ever comes first.

When I did this in our '07 I was truly amazed at how much more smoothly the transmission operated!

Good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

I'll try a single drain+fill, then see how it goes. I have been noticing occasionally non-smooth shifts lately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts