Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ..can you please share how u achieved this?
Yes, I was able to install Honda Hack via WiFi. If your model has a browser in the apps section your good to go. Besides installing mxplayer and some other cool apps I was able to make it auto click the OK button on startup, so goodbye nag screen. Also it allows me to make a USB thumb drive become a secondary drive for all applications. I was able to install Sygic Map App and throw the online maps onto the thumb drive. Also Mxplayer can play videos stored on it. I will probably try Waze shortly, they say it also works fine.

Rob

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Moved to Mobile Electronics.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Rob,
Ive tested this function briefly and here is what i found.
There are many apps that are compatible with the head-unit. They however live on your phone rather than downloaded on the limited storage capacity hard drive of the head unit. E.G. Netflix, YouTube etc. they each have a unique interface on the head-unit (via CarPlay or Android Auto when your phone is plugged) where you can see the title of whats playing, duration, minimal controls (pause, play, fast forward and backward etc)

For safety reasons, as far as i could find, there are currently no video playing apps that will project the actual video onto the head unit screen. (You can still kinda of do that by using the web browser and going to the website e.g www.youtube.com however once you move the shifter out of Park, the screen will turn blank but you will still hear the audio).

Most of the apps are news radio/music services, navigation, ebook readers, or voip services.

Best Apple CarPlay Apps:

Acast
Amazon Audible
Amazon Music
Audio Books by AudioBooks.com
audioBoom
CBS Radio News
Castro Podcast Player
Clammr Radio
Dash Radio
Deezer Music
Digital Concert Hall
Downcast
Free Audiobooks
Google Play Music
iHeartRadio
NPR One
MLB At Bat
Orange Radio
Overcast: Podcast Player
Pandora Radio
Radio Deejay
Radio Disney
SiriusXM Radio
Slacker Radio
Spotify
Stitcher Radio for Podcasts
Tidal
TuneIn Radio
VOX
WhatsApp

Android Auto Apps:

Android Apps on Google Play
Hi

Any apps for video or tv to install?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Rob,
Ive tested this function briefly and here is what i found.
There are many apps that are compatible with the head-unit. They however live on your phone rather than downloaded on the limited storage capacity hard drive of the head unit. E.G. Netflix, YouTube etc. they each have a unique interface on the head-unit (via CarPlay or Android Auto when your phone is plugged) where you can see the title of whats playing, duration, minimal controls (pause, play, fast forward and backward etc)

For safety reasons, as far as i could find, there are currently no video playing apps that will project the actual video onto the head unit screen. (You can still kinda of do that by using the web browser and going to the website e.g www.youtube.com however once you move the shifter out of Park, the screen will turn blank but you will still hear the audio).

Most of the apps are news radio/music services, navigation, ebook readers, or voip services.

Best Apple CarPlay Apps:

Acast
Amazon Audible
Amazon Music
Audio Books by AudioBooks.com
audioBoom
CBS Radio News
Castro Podcast Player
Clammr Radio
Dash Radio
Deezer Music
Digital Concert Hall
Downcast
Free Audiobooks
Google Play Music
iHeartRadio
NPR One
MLB At Bat
Orange Radio
Overcast: Podcast Player
Pandora Radio
Radio Deejay
Radio Disney
SiriusXM Radio
Slacker Radio
Spotify
Stitcher Radio for Podcasts
Tidal
TuneIn Radio
VOX
WhatsApp

Android Auto Apps:

Android Apps on Google Play

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know any fun apps to manage the panel, ie. rotating wallpaper or other graphics besides clock?

41 - 45 of 45 Posts