Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I would share our purchase results on here and get feedback. Just went with my friend to buy him a 2014 certified CRV LX. Car had 30k miles on it and a clean car fax. They were asking $17900. Got him down to $17100. Could not get them to budge anymore. He got 2.99% for 48 months with Honda Finance. He also wanted the warranty although I was on the fence as to whether it was really worth it. I could not get them to budge on price on that so he paid their asking price of $1850 for the 8yr/120000 mile wraparound bumper to bumper warranty that supplements the certified warranty. Being that he has been paying AAA $100 a year and being that the Honda warranty gives free roadside assistance, its saves him $500 over the 5 remaining years of the warranty since he does not have to pay the AAA so I see it as the equivalent of him getting the warranty for $1350 for the warranty. Also after the deal was done and the papers were signed I got them to throw in a a new Honda OEM cargo/privacy cover since the LX does not come with one so thats at least a $150 value although I can get aftermarket ones for around $75. They also give free lifetime oil changes every 5000 miles so I see that as another $375 off the price of the car if you figure 3 oil changes a year for 5 years at what would have been at least $25 an oil change at most places if he had to pay.

·
Registered
184 Posts
WHY would you buy an extended warranty on a certified Honda CRV which carries warranty to 100k. I think you did pretty well on price of vehicle BUT i'd go get your money back on the extended warranty.(you have so much time to do this) If it wasn't certified I'd say maybe get it. THE whole point of buying certified is the great warranty that it comes with.........

"Warranty
Thanks to an extensive used-car warranty, every Honda Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle comes with peace of mind.
It covers major engine and transmission components, except for standard maintenance items, body glass and interior. Honda will repair or replace any covered part that is defective in material or workmanship under normal use. There is a $0 deductible and the following major systems/components are covered: "

1 - 2 of 2 Posts