Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Simple question...what Wheel Locks did you buy for your new Honda CR-V "official rims"?

It seems many don't fit the Honda made rims! Even McGard has a disclaimer:
It is 1/4 in. taller and may affect appearance. For aftermarket wheels only. For OEM wheels see dealer.

Aftermarket wheels only? Who's going to steal my ugly winter rims? I want to protect the OEM ones that came with the CRV :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just bought the Honda set from CollegeHills. It, like most factory wheel lock sets, came from McGard.
I wanted to buy cheaper "store" McGard ones instead of the rip off dealer price, but there is a disclaimer saying to see the dealer :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dealer provided them and they are in a nice little bag in the glove box. No plans to install them. Not sure anyone would want to steal the wheels they are not that desireable.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I took the factory accessory wheel locks off our Hondas. More of a pain than they are worth. Most people hate the 17" on our Civic EX-T, and from what I've read, most folks aren't fans of Honda's stock CR-V wheels, either.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Haven't used them for yrs. Once I had a problem with getting a set of tires on my car. Couldn't find the key and Honda didn't have one to fit either, even though they were Honda factory ones. Ever since I have the dlr remove them and I don't pay for them either. Besides, who would want to steal these things anyway. I think you could just go online and find a smaller set of Ninja throwing stars that would be easier to handle.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Talk about wheel lock. It is used to be popular for thief to steal wheels. I was once lost all 4 wheels on the college campus. I don't see it happen anymore now a day

·
Registered
600 Posts
I didn't buy any.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts