Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was almost going to get through my first year without a scratch then the darn Foam gun kicked off the nozzle clip while washing her and went flying into the hood. Just as luck would have it the only metal part on the whole thing hit the bonnet first and left a slight scratch. It's not visible on a casual look but my eyes cannot un see it so they go to it like a magnet. It's too deep for compounding as it left 1/16" gouge down to the primer.

Oh well I have never made it through the first year without some form of scratch so I guess it was fate.

Any of you guys gotten past the first year with zero paint damage?

Rob

·
Registered
225 Posts
My 2012 Si went on for 3 years before i got my first damage.
My 2017 CRV on the other hand already has 3 different damages. A scratch on the clear film on the bumper, a tiny dent on edge of the door, and a shattered fog light lens.
The first one hurt the most, the succeeding ones hurt less and less.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,668 Posts
Our '15 Escape 3 years 9 months old, 56,000+ miles, no scratches or nicks. :applause:

I hope I am not jinxing it!

Our '18 CR-V is 11 months old, no issues yet. (hoping)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I usually get something in the first few months

My crv had a branch scratch and dent the fender, and the other day at the playground i watched a guy back into our crv and luckily only a small mark.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our '15 Escape 3 years 9 months old, 56,000+ miles, no scratches or nicks. :applause:

I hope I am not jinxing it!

Our '18 CR-V is 11 months old, no issues yet. (hoping)
Your a lucky guy :Bow:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I made it a whopping 2 days with the CRV. I think some road debris hit the driver's side, just behind the rear door, resulting in a ding and paint chip. Frustrating part is that I notice it every time I get into the vehicle.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,712 Posts
It's not just bodywork.

Last year our town finally re-paved our street. THREE WEEKS later, they had to dig it up when a water main ruptured. :jawdrop:

+++++++++++

Many owners of sports & collector cars post rants on Facebook about people parking too close. HaaHaa

·
Registered
962 Posts
Sheeshe! What a way to begin the day! Remembering dings and dents...

Here goes.

My '91 Civic HB stayed very clear of dents, alas it was the drive up Gallatin canyon to Big Sky Resort that left me with hundreds of rock chips...When the ski season was over I took the car to the adjuster to look at it...he came back and asked if I had the date of the damage as my deductible would apply to each rock chip...I reminded him that I had Zero dollar deductible, man you should have seen his face cringe!

Next vehicle was a '03 Element that just was magnetized to foreign objects. Within the first two weeks the windshield was fully cracked and a permanent mark was on the RF plastic panel where a robin met it's demise at a lowly 20 MPH (I felt bad about that). Big ding on the engine hood where my Wife knocked my Bloody Mary off of the deck handrail onto the unsuspecting Element below...

The '07 Ridgeline is a truck and it's worked hard, worst was the hail storm I got caught in. I came out OK but the storm did $100,000,000 in damage to my town just South of our home. We were lucky.

We kept the '16 Pilot in great shape until it played ping pong with another car and a deer...enter the '18 CR-V.

So far so great (knock on wood), took a 1" rock to the passenger side windshield in ND and needed a new windshield but the body escaped any harm.

It's the Wife's car and we want to keep in in proper shape - oil change and Hakka 8's go on in two hours.

Happy winter driving to you all!

·
3,668 Posts
Your a lucky guy :Bow:
Well, I forgot about the rock that hit the windshield of our CR-V that caused a big crack, but the windshield was replaced. Does that count? Or just painted surfaces? :confused2:

·
3,668 Posts
... the storm did $100,000,000 in damage to my town just South of our home. We were lucky.

YIKES! I first read this to read: "...the storm did $100,000,000 in damage to my home.... I'm thinking youzers! WHOA!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Our 2018 CR-V Navy Blue Touring that my wife drives, which we took delivery of on last day of February/18, was good until she and another lady in a 2016 Lexus RX350 backed into each other accidentally, in the grocery store parking lot, on a rainy late afternoon back in August.

This damaged the passenger side rear quarter panel. We got this repaired under insurance, $500 deductible, at the Ready Honda dealer we purchased from here in Mississauga; they did a great job.

We have had no issues with the gas in oil problem. The car has about 17K kilometres so far, and is great. Since the Apple IOS upgrades, we have been using Waze mostly, instead of the built in Nav, so Apple Car Play is great now, as compared to before.

The only issue I have with the vehicle so far, is the AM radio reception is not that good, very sensitive to passing under high voltage wires, etc.; FM reception is very good.

I am very happy with the power and response of the 1.5 litre motor and CVT transmission.

Last week I had installed 4 Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV snow tires and Klasse Cypher wheels from Kal Tire.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I forgot about the rock that hit the windshield of our CR-V that caused a big crack, but the windshield was replaced. Does that count? Or just painted surfaces? :confused2:
You get just half a bad luck point LOL :beb:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Many owners of sports & collector cars post rants on Facebook about people parking too close. HaaHaa
Don't you just love those guys that park at a 45 degree angle and take up TWO spots :censored: I feel like getting out of my car and taking a hammer and inflicting some "accidental" panel damage :angryfire

Reactions: kittenizer

·
Registered
228 Posts
Don't you just love those guys that park at a 45 degree angle and take up TWO spots :censored: I feel like getting out of my car and taking a hammer and inflicting some "accidental" panel damage :angryfire
I have no problem with a nice car taking two spaces but only if there's plenty of empty spots and they park in a distant location. In fact I'll do this myself if conditions allow - I definitely can use the exercise.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have no problem with a nice car taking two spaces but only if there's plenty of empty spots and they park in a distant location. In fact I'll do this myself if conditions allow - I definitely can use the exercise.
Yeah no one cares when there is plenty of parking spaces but I am talking about going into places and not finding a single parking space and then seeing some guy using up two.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah no one cares when there is plenty of parking spaces but I am talking about going into places and not finding a single parking space and then seeing some guy using up two.
Even worse. You carefully pick an end spot, park as far as possible to the passenger side; and someone parks so close that you can barely open the drivers door...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts