Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my wife has just purchased a 2015 CR-V EX, there is a switch next to the 12v socket and heated seat switches (next to the handbrake). It's not in the handbook (as far as I can see) and I can't find anything online.

It's got a capital A with a clockwise arrow around the A and it says off underneath, and has an led, if you press it the led lights up but we can't tell what it does!

Thanks in advance. Mart.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Shoots Arrows. She must be out!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Does it look like the picture I've attached below? I have never seen auto start/stop on a cr-v. Can you post a picture?

2015_porsche_macan_det_lt_22315_717.jpg

·
Registered
704 Posts
Never seen a 2015 CR-V with a handbrake either. Are you sure she has a Honda CR-V?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the symbol yes! Cheers!

It's a Uk spec, she had an 05 Executive before and this also had a handbrake. (E-brake to you?)

·
Banned
806 Posts
Yes, by the way it's a 6 speed manual, 2.0 petrol.
If it does what I referenced in the link to the article, it shuts off the engine while idling and restarts it after you let off the brake. And that button gives you the ability to turn on and off that feature.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I rented a BMW SUV with that feature once and absolutely hated it.
I had no idea they were putting it on the UK CR-V's.
Cheers!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Never seen a 2015 CR-V with a handbrake either. Are you sure she has a Honda CR-V?
I have to laugh. I saw this person's question yesterday and went into my car this morning to look for it and then could not find the hand brake on my CRV. So it is safe to assume I don't have a hand brake/emergency brake?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have to laugh. I saw this person's question yesterday and went into my car this morning to look for it and then could not find the hand brake on my CRV. So it is safe to assume I don't have a hand brake/emergency brake?
The emergency brake in the 2015 CR-V is a small foot pedal emergency brake.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Auto Idle Stop Switch. When you pull up at the lights, if you keep your foot firmly on the brake pedal the engine will switch off. Take your foot off and the engine will restart. The system default is "ON" pressing this switch will turn the system off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts